New possibilities?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've been doing a lot of little things to my truck recently, and I decided that I'm going to start doing some bigger (cosmetic mostly) mods to my truck. I don't remember if I ever mentioned it or not, but earlier this year (January?) it snowed like friggin' crazy here in my area and I ended up sliding on some ice through a barbed wire fence. Some pretty bad scratches done to the hood and bumper. My dad agreed to help me get a hood for this coming Christmas, and in my search for the one I wanted I found this:
picture.php

I think I found it on a different forum, but I can't remember or find it again to look for the specs, but basically I'm wanting to start transforming my truck into the orange version of this truck. So my question to you good people is do you have any clue as to what size lift it has? Or what size tires they are? If I manage to be able to pull this off I will probably go with some Cragar Soft 8's 17" in black and whatever nice A/T's I can afford. I'll be getting the hood around Christmas and I'll probably get it painted similar to that (orange obviously :)) and instead of getting a new bumper/cover to get rid of scratches I'll probably have both the front and rear bumpers completely Herculined or Rhino Lined.

RamRod37

2014 Ram 2500 HD 5.7 Hemi
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Good luck On getting that hood I think that's a SRT10 hood and they are hard as he** to find dang near Impossible

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck On getting that hood I think that's a SRT10 hood and they are hard as he** to find dang near Impossible

Thankfully its not an SRT 10/Venom hood, Suncoast Creation stopped making those a while ago unfortunately...not that finding one didn't cross my mind :roflsquared: It's just a plain old RamAir hood. I've got one in mind, I'm just not sure if I should settle with fiberglass or spend a couple of hundred more and get the steel hood...

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
Go steel you won't regret it. And will probably save you money over the added prep the glass hood will require.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
It is an SRT10 hood. I have the steel one, don't go fiberglass, they can be a real ***** to line up, and also tend to flutter on the highway.

Be prepared to spend money tho if you go new, like $1200... or be extremely patient in finding a used one.

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is an SRT10 hood. I have the steel one, don't go fiberglass, they can be a real ***** to line up, and also tend to flutter on the highway.

Be prepared to spend money tho if you go new, like $1200... or be extremely patient in finding a used one.

I guess I was thinking the Venom Hood with the fancy little vents on the sides...oh well. Also, I'm still searching around. Starting to weigh other options though, such as going with the lift and or wheels/tires first...I don't really know.

OP
OP
Ethan0524

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have officially given up on the hood idea. I'm just going to get my hood repainted and get my grille painted in the same fashion as the photo and use some form of bed liner on the bumper. However; while doing some research on lift kits for 2wd's, I found what I feel may be the best way to go about this endeavor. I was thinking about "stacking" these two together for the lift.

Dodge Ram 1500 2" Front Leveling Kit 2WD 2006-2014

Zone Offroad 3" Body Lift Kit 06-08 Dodge Ram 1500 D9345

I've found several other 2wd owners on other forums that have similar setups, and was just wondering if it was a good idea? Also, I was planning on putting the stock shackles back on the rear to bring it back up and then leveling it with the spacers, then obviously comes the body lift for the height...any opinions on that idea? This is a learning process for me, so all input is greatly appreciated. Then after that is taken care of I'll work on getting the wheels/tires, as well as the mirrors, and the paint.