New Second Gen Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcarv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum V8
So I've recently purchased a 2nd gen and there is a few minor things that bug me, and I'm looking for some info. I recently went on a fishing trip that required the use of 4x4. Going out to the lake the 4wd light was on, and when I engaged the 4wd on the ride it back it was not. It definitely was engaged with 4wd and I later tested to see if the light would come one when starting the vehicle and it did not. So is the problem that the bulb behind it is out, and can i replace it myself? Not a major big deal but the little things bug me.

05ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Ram 2500 4x4 Quad cab
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Well, for one thing, the 4x4 light does not come on when you turn the truck on to test it. Sometimes they just don't turn on. It's the switch on the transfer case. Or it may be on the front center axle disconnect. I had a 97 that would NEVER tell me it was on, by my 02 2500 always does. Check out the switch. Sorry, I don't remember where it is located.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
As long as your 4x4 engages thats all that matters. Sometimes mine doesn't come one either but most of the time it does.