New to lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twistedX830

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V-8
So I have a 2012 ram 1500 4X4 ST and I want to lift it. I want to go 6" is the lift kit all I need?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You'll probably want to upgrade the wheels and tires too... how much are you looking to spend on lift kits?

You can get a Rough Country 6" lift and then add Bilstien shocks... a better set up would be a Zone 6" lift kit with Bilstiens... a step up from that would be the BDS 6" lift kit... and finally, the one I'd say is if not the best, certainly right up there, the BDS 6" Coil Over Kit with Fox Reservoir shocks... it all comes down to money and what you're willing to part with and what you plan on doing with the truck...

HemiMan08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would suggest going with a Zone lift, you can choose between 3 and 5 inch rear coils, you will have a bit of a rake but if you install bilstein 5100 shocks up front at 2.1 it will level it out. If you stick with stock wheels you should be able to fit 295/65/R20 tires which are 34.5 tall and 11.83 inches wide. If you get aftermarket wheels you should have no problem fitting 35x12.5 depending on the offset of the rim you choose.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Another vote for zone!

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If you're asking for the brand of lift, it depends on your budget. Zone and RC are the popular options here.

BleessJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You'll probably want to upgrade the wheels and tires too... how much are you looking to spend on lift kits?

You can get a Rough Country 6" lift and then add Bilstien shocks... a better set up would be a Zone 6" lift kit with Bilstiens... a step up from that would be the BDS 6" lift kit... and finally, the one I'd say is if not the best, certainly right up there, the BDS 6" Coil Over Kit with Fox Reservoir shocks... it all comes down to money and what you're willing to part with and what you plan on doing with the truck...

Im new to all this. So are you saying that without bilstiens up front the truck will have rake? Is the amout of rake determined by the choice of the 3inch or 5 inch springs and shocks? Will one of the options put the truck at dead level?

BleessJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also what bilstiens 5100 do yall use? I went to the site there are like 8 different ones.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Zone and BDS are sister companies owned by Fox Racing.
The only difference between zone and BDS is the naming and the warranty.
BDS has no question asked warranty while Zone has a manufactures warranty.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im new to all this. So are you saying that without bilstiens up front the truck will have rake? Is the amout of rake determined by the choice of the 3inch or 5 inch springs and shocks? Will one of the options put the truck at dead level?

I can't speak for all lifts but for sure the 6" RCX alone leaves your truck with rake. Everyone will recommend bils to fix the rake problem but for right now I believe they're on nationwide back order.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I can't speak for all lifts but for sure the 6" RCX alone leaves your truck with rake. Everyone will recommend bils to fix the rake problem but for right now I believe they're on nationwide back order.
Yeah, the RCX kit has 5.5"-6" up front and 4.75" in the rear. Last time I checked they were advertising it as a kit that leveled out the truck.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Zone and BDS are sister companies owned by Fox Racing.
The only difference between zone and BDS is the naming and the warranty.
BDS has no question asked warranty while Zone has a manufactures warranty.

The parts and components in the Zone lift are NOT the same as the parts and components in the BDS lift...