New to me 2005 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hi all

New to the site. I just purchased at 2005 Ram Quad Cab 1500 SLT 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi. Only 27k miles...

I gave the truck the once over and the only issue is some minor body damage along with a passenger rear window no-go-up issue. From my research on this site it seems it may be wiring or switch. I also understand that the recirc door has a short shelf life.

Can any of you give me a heads up on what to look for in the way of preventive maintenance? Any issues I should be on the lookout for?

Happy Holidays!!

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
:waytogo::welcome::pepper: Check all the fluids for condition and at the proper fill mark. That is extremely low miles for a 2005 model. I would check to make sure the cluster hasn't been replaced.

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
I gave the truck the once over and the only issue is some minor body damage along with a passenger rear window no-go-up issue. From my research on this site it seems it may be wiring or switch. I also understand that the recirc door has a short shelf life.

Check the wire going to the door from the cab body. My windows had just quite working i looked around on here a bit and found out that the wires break (See Here) 2 of mine were completely broken and 2 almost broke. Fixed them and everything works:roflsquared: