New to Ram, Rear Cam and Bluetooth Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skee907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello,

I just recently purchased a 2009 1500 Sport after driving my 97 Chevy.

i0cJxBo.jpg

The truck I purchased is a CCSB, 5.7 with the 8.4 screen, flip down rear monitor, and UConnect.

NifONta.jpg

I know a rear view camera was an option on these trucks, and would like to find some OEM options to add this onto mine. I would prefer to make the 8.4 screen the display for the camera (if it is an option) instead of purchasing a new display mirror.

Also, I have synced my phone (Galaxy S5) to the UConnect and have used it for phone calls. I was wpndering if there is a way to use the Bluetooth to stream music to the HU?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck !
Yes you can install the OEM TAILGATE MOUNTED BACKUP CAMERA KIT P/N 82214240 , this kit is a simple install with the display in your radio , if you can solder or splice in two wires , change a tailgate handle and plug N play three very simple harnesses you can do this yourself and save $2-400 hundred for the install @ a shop .The complete kit cost aprox $ 260.00 depending on where you get it , try www.allmoparparts.com
You may find it cheeper on ebay or something but allmoparparts.com is a trusted Vender and a preferred Vender on the forum .
This kit requires a sales code Flash XAC by a dealer , some dealers charge for this some don't . If you want to install this kit yourself , I suggest referencing the DIY section here and look for(
OEM backup camera install by cptwing ), go to post # 10 ! Good info there . If you have Qs or need assistance ask them on the before mentioned thread in the DIY section , myself and others who have previously installed the kit successfully are monitoring that thread .
Hope this helps !

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
first your screen is NOT an 8.4 its like a 6". the 8.4 wasnt available until '13.

on top of what he said actually any aftermarket cam will work the way he described once you have the XAC sales code turned on. your only other option is a lockpic. this will give you the camera input, and also doesnt need dealer to program anything.

when i had my '13 i used a $20 cam and had the dealer turn on the XAC sales code.

OP
OP
S

Skee907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck !
Yes you can install the OEM TAILGATE MOUNTED BACKUP CAMERA KIT P/N 82214240 , this kit is a simple install with the display in your radio , if you can solder or splice in two wires , change a tailgate handle and plug N play three very simple harnesses you can do this yourself and save $2-400 hundred for the install @ a shop .The complete kit cost aprox $ 260.00 depending on where you get it , try Genuine Discounted Mopar, Jeep, Dodge & Chrysler Parts & Accessories, Online OEM Auto Parts Store
You may find it cheeper on ebay or something but allmoparparts.com is a trusted Vender and a preferred Vender on the forum .
This kit requires a sales code Flash XAC by a dealer , some dealers charge for this some don't . If you want to install this kit yourself , I suggest referencing the DIY section here and look for(
OEM backup camera install by cptwing ), go to post # 10 ! Good info there . If you have Qs or need assistance ask them on the before mentioned thread in the DIY section , myself and others who have previously installed the kit successfully are monitoring that thread .
Hope this helps !

Awesome, I will definitely go check that out. I'm new to this forum, it is structured a little bit differently than the GM forum I used to be a member of.

first your screen is NOT an 8.4 its like a 6". the 8.4 wasnt available until '13.

on top of what he said actually any aftermarket cam will work the way he described once you have the XAC sales code turned on. your only other option is a lockpic. this will give you the camera input, and also doesnt need dealer to program anything.

when i had my '13 i used a $20 cam and had the dealer turn on the XAC sales code.

Good to know. Thanks! That's just the numbers I kept seeing thrown around. Haven't seen much on the 09s when I was searching.

Do you happen to know what model this screen is? I see all the numbers thrown around on here but cant find a good way to tell what I have.

:favorites13:

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
More Pictures of radio please .
Better yet , Google 2009 RAM RADIOS and compare the pictures with your radio , the post what radio you have ...

Last edited:

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, I will definitely go check that out. I'm new to this forum, it is structured a little bit differently than the GM forum I used to be a member of.

Good to know. Thanks! That's just the numbers I kept seeing thrown around. Haven't seen much on the 09s when I was searching.

Do you happen to know what model this screen is? I see all the numbers thrown around on here but cant find a good way to tell what I have.

:favorites13:

go here and you can put in '11 (same radios as your '09)

Chrysler Uconnect

OP
OP
S

Skee907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks just like this one. Has the 30GB hard drive, UConnect (only for phone calls, can't find if it can stream music through Bluetooth).

Ram 1500 Radio (Part No: 82212477)

Has Sirius, DVD (with the rear flip down monitor and controls). And all of the steering wheel controls.