NJ header ceramic coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd still soak it,even the titanium stuff is nasty to handle,plus it lays/wraps better when wet.Another tip is to wear tight fitting long sleeves and when you shower use as cold a water stream as you can stand,lol.
I will wet it cause it does seem like it would lay better.. as far as the fibers.... I don't know why but I deal with it in insulation and stuff and it's NEVER Bothered me at all... Funny thing is poison ivy, oak, etc has zero effect on me either, lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I wouldn’t wrap them. I’ve done more titanium wrap than I want to admit and it’s the reason I’ve moved onto ceramic coating. Wrap has its place but it’s also not the best option. Wrap will fray over time as it drys out and the dust/strands will stick to everything and make a mess. It does work but it’s too susceptible to destroying itself.

I've yet to see a ceramic coating live past a year where the climate drops below freezing .It doesn't like that temperature swing by the looks of it.Wrap if done right will live for several years if coated.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I've yet to see a ceramic coating live past a year where the climate drops below freezing .It doesn't like that temperature swing by the looks of it.Wrap if done right will live for several years if coated.

Sounds like poor prep/adhesion. Ive been running ceramic coating on turbo apps for 2 years now and shows no sign of anything (but they dont see road salt but def have huge temp swings). This summer I pulled my stock manifolds for shorties which ended up cracking so I threw the stock manifolds back on but I decided to coat them with creakote high temp ceramic and its been 6 months and they still look new. I can update with pics after this winter if you would like.

NASCARR5Valaint

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For more than several years now, every engine and parts I build I coat . Over the years I've had several companies I've dealt with, but only one has come through with coatings that lasted and work. Worst case is a RX-7 engine, rotary, because of the heat. Everyone else heat rejection coatings fell off after a very short time, one companies coatings did NOT! PolyDyn Performance Coatings. They're in Houston Texas, number is 1-888-765-9396 or look up on line. Can't say enough about there coatings and might add they have been in business long before all others. Carl Benton is the owner and is a racer himself, all kinds of racing. Besides headers, PolyDyn has coatings for the inside of the engines, several types of coatings to do several things to help reliability and it'll add HP plus engine spin up and longer engine coast down time on the dyno. I've seen lower coolant temps plus lower oil temps. Check them out. If it's the lowest price your looking for, don't call them. If it's a next day turn around time your looking for, don't call them. If it's the best coatings that will last, try them or call them. I've tried several companies now and ONLY use PolyDyn.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For more than several years now, every engine and parts I build I coat . Over the years I've had several companies I've dealt with, but only one has come through with coatings that lasted and work. Worst case is a RX-7 engine, rotary, because of the heat. Everyone else heat rejection coatings fell off after a very short time, one companies coatings did NOT! PolyDyn Performance Coatings. They're in Houston Texas, number is 1-888-765-9396 or look up on line. Can't say enough about there coatings and might add they have been in business long before all others. Carl Benton is the owner and is a racer himself, all kinds of racing. Besides headers, PolyDyn has coatings for the inside of the engines, several types of coatings to do several things to help reliability and it'll add HP plus engine spin up and longer engine coast down time on the dyno. I've seen lower coolant temps plus lower oil temps. Check them out. If it's the lowest price your looking for, don't call them. If it's a next day turn around time your looking for, don't call them. If it's the best coatings that will last, try them or call them. I've tried several companies now and ONLY use PolyDyn.
Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll look em up for a next project. As of 2 days ago wrap has been going on

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I am interested -but clueless-is this a treatment used on aftermarket exhaust systems or can it be used on a factory set-up?

alexalex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Actually thoughts on ceramic coating differ. Have had Ceramic coating applied and it is fairing up pretty well after 8 months. Makes it really easy to clean the car as well.

It's not bullet proof, so contaminants will still cause marks, but it does make it quite resistant.

OP
OP
Ramitiner

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Actually thoughts on ceramic coating differ. Have had Ceramic coating applied and it is fairing up pretty well after 8 months. Makes it really easy to clean the car as well.

It's not bullet proof, so contaminants will still cause marks, but it does make it quite resistant.
I don't think you're talking about the same sort of ceramic coating that we are.... This is an exhaust coating

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

Good thing you didn't decide to wrap that sucker. You def would have needed a boatload of wrap! LOL