No Sound for radio/phone/other - it's intermitten

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrNateSam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just purchased a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited. Absolutely love the truck...however, when I switch from Siriusxm to FM or Visa-Versa, sometimes it will just search for Siriusxm and will not have any sound. Even when switching to AM or FM or inserting songs on a USB. I've seen where it's a problem, but so far no fix has worked. It will come back on after the vehicle is turned off for awhile, but that's totally impractical...especially when on a trip. It also will not have any sound on the phone, but the call goes through...so if I'm making calls while in the truck, and the sound goes off...I have to turn off the blue tooth on my phone and talk using the phone and not hands free. Is there a reset or anything?

thank you.

OP
OP
D

DrNateSam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I disconnected the negative battery post for 30 minutes...based on what the salesman suggested...and this worked. I had to wait overnight for everything to reset to how it was before (for example: the temperature was immediately registering in Celsius and all the settings I'd changed were not on the screen but the next morning, everything was back working correctly...) Now the radio sound seems to work normally.