No wipers - 99 Ram 2500

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Marksman, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Marksman

Marksman Member

Ram Year:
    1999 Ram 2500 4x4 SLT
    Engine:
    V10
    Hey everyone. I've finally got my v10 truck where it's roadworthy, and I plan on trying to get it inspected tomorrow. Problem is, I replaced the dead wiper blades to find that the wipers don't function. I'm going to continue on my research, but I thought I'd post here in the meantime to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I checked the fuse and it's fine. I'll look and see if i can find a relay for it. Would it be more likely for the motor or switch to be bad? The truck has right at 200k on it if that's of any use. I don't see the wiper motor in the engine bay so i assume it's under the plastic cowl. Next thing I'll do is check to see if i have power to it.

Thanks!

2. MagSport

MagSport Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Look at your power lock fuse in the dash. If the CTM goes dead, the wipers will quit functioning.

3. DodgeTx

DodgeTx Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.9L
    had this happen when i didnt use them for a while. Thought i was hosed removed the wiper cowl and each wiper arm and tried them they worked. Put it all back together, and it still worked.

I believe mine was binding somewhere and the jiggling of the wiper arms for removal freed them up. Worth a shot and good Process of Elimination

4. Marksman

Marksman Member

Ram Year:
    1999 Ram 2500 4x4 SLT
    Engine:
    V10
    Thanks for the replies guys. The contacts in the switch were dirty and once i moved the switch back and forth about 50 times they came to life. Truck hasn't been on the road for close to 4 years now so i attribute it to that.

Passed inspection without issue. It's officially alive.

Now all I have to deal with are the electrical issues in the doors..