Not to stir the pot to much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok looking to get a tune asap so idc who's a vender or not I just want the best tune that will wake up my truck so Greene tune or hemi fever tune? I don't wanna hear who a vender or not I just want the best tune so let's hear your exsperinces with both thanks :roflsquared:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You know this is a pointless post.

There's only one tuner you can talk about on this forum...:love51:
You should scroll down and read the hemi fever tune thread.

Last edited:

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have both. My truck runs stronger and pulls harder with the tune from greene racing. I don't have 1/4 times right now. Once I get my torque converter in I'm gonna go to the track. You probably won't see this before it is deleted. Lol

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I don't have a tune on my '14.

When i cammed the '05, the guy I bought the cam from also tuned it, (seemed logical), but I had stalling and idle RPM issues even after 3 revisions. I posted on here for help and SOMEONE was very helpful and worked very hard for 3 days straight to write 6 revisions and dial my truck in perfectly.

I don't have experience with any other CMRs, but when it comes time to tune the '14, I'm going to be a repeat customer.

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok that's kind of what I had figured I'd hear. So I'll not be getting a hemi fever tune. Seems like the more a tune is talked about the worse it gets. When his tunes first came out they were the best and few had them. Now everyone's has one and there not the greatest any more but just my .02

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I am going to use Hemi Fever just because they advertise much better (real web sight) and they respond to emails quickly.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Ok that's kind of what I had figured I'd hear. So I'll not be getting a hemi fever tune. Seems like the more a tune is talked about the worse it gets. When his tunes first came out they were the best and few had them. Now everyone's has one and there not the greatest any more but just my .02

Posts like this are what I don't understand. Please don't take this as a personal attack, but I just get tired of seeing posts exactly like this from people that just don't know any better. You say that Hemifever's tunes used to be the best, but now they are not that great. Hemifever was the first Hemi truck tuner years ago when custom tuning first became available. He was setting records back then, and still holds records that have stood for years for the fastest 3rd gen 5.7 N/A regular cab and the fastest 3rd gen 5.7 N/A quad cab. Then you say that his tunes aren't that great anymore. Well, in the past 2 months, his customers set records for the fastest 4th gen 5.7 N/A regular cab and the fastest 4th gen 5.7 N/A crew cab.

If Hemifever's tunes all the sudden are no good, then why are his customers continuing to put up record times that are faster than any other tuner has put up?

The reason why you keep seeing the other tuner mentioned so much is because Hemifever's customers do not go around bashing everyone that runs someone else's tunes. If a person wants to use someone other than Hemifever, then there is nothing wrong with that...but there is no reason to go on every forum and facebook group trying to talk negative about a tune that most know nothing about. The numbers I care about are what we see at the dragstrip, and the facts show that Hemifever's tunes have run the strongest in the past, and still now in the current. The numbers don't lie, and I'll take real track times over a butt dyno any day.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Matt laying down the wisdom.

If Jay is so fast, how come he never races against the Hemifever guys here in Houston? It's not like it's halfway across the country, it's only a couple hours. There was a HUGE truck even here a few weeks back. That would have been a perfect time for him to come advertise his services. He always says that if he "had our air" he would run better times.

I'm not saying Jay is scared or anything, I doubt he is, but there has to be a reason he isn't more eager to go head to head and prove once and for all he's better like he claims.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Matt laying down the wisdom.

If Jay is so fast, how come he never races against the Hemifever guys here in Houston? It's not like it's halfway across the country, it's only a couple hours. There was a HUGE truck even here a few weeks back. That would have been a perfect time for him to come advertise his services. He always says that if he "had our air" he would run better times.

I'm not saying Jay is scared or anything, I doubt he is, but there has to be a reason he isn't more eager to go head to head and prove once and for all he's better like he claims.

Wade, now I get to lay down some wisdom on you...haha.

Jay has a fast truck, and I don't think anyone can argue that. There is no reason to make everything into a "my tuner is better than yours, so you suck" kind of deal. Everyone is welcome to use whoever they want to get a tune. If you like the tune, then that's great, but trying to continue this tuning war is only dividing the Hemi truck community just like it did years ago on what used to be the most active Dodge truck forum...that place is a ghost town now because of this fight.

I have read numerous false claims and lies about Hemifever this weekend on facebook and the forums, and it just gets old. My whole point was that if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't post false information based on what you were told by your best friends 2nd cousin who read something about it on facebook. True facts, and true ET's from the track tell the story.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good thing the pot wasn't stirred or anything, lol!

IMHO, nothing beats experience. I feel confident with my Hemifever tune because of the years of experience that went into it. Not to mention it's super fast and feels really good to drive. :naughty:
Sean has always been extremely helpful and quick to respond to any inquiries I have. I have ZERO complaints.

lonewolf2873

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm new to the forums, only been around year and half, so I don't know the history. Now that that's out of way.
I don't understand why this discussion even continues. Has ANYONE seen Sean come on here to bash Jay back? I certainly haven't. Seems to me, Sean is taking the more professional route. I use HF tune and rather have him work on making advancement in tunes over bickering like school ******* a forum.
You use who you use. Part of my research in deciding what tuner to buy and what CMR tuner will do tunes, involved reading who is available. All information I found involving Jay was surrounded by some form of drama, seans not at all. This was MY MONEY I was spending and good business is important to me. This is also why I use Moe's, not because Matt is a vendor here but because Matt does good business.
I'm starting to get off topic so I'll leave this post right there....

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Wade, now I get to lay down some wisdom on you...haha.

Jay has a fast truck, and I don't think anyone can argue that. There is no reason to make everything into a "my tuner is better than yours, so you suck" kind of deal. Everyone is welcome to use whoever they want to get a tune. If you like the tune, then that's great, but trying to continue this tuning war is only dividing the Hemi truck community just like it did years ago on what used to be the most active Dodge truck forum...that place is a ghost town now because of this fight.

I have read numerous false claims and lies about Hemifever this weekend on facebook and the forums, and it just gets old. My whole point was that if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't post false information based on what you were told by your best friends 2nd cousin who read something about it on facebook. True facts, and true ET's from the track tell the story.
I couldn't agree more.

Like I've said previously, both Sean and Jay are probably being limited more by the software than their skills. I've done tuning before and I can tell you there's a reason I pay someone to do it now lol.

Jay, I got nothing against you man. If you knew me in person you'd know I'm just a really, really critical dude. If there's something I don't like, you're gonna hear about it.

My biggest issue with you isn't your product, it's how you represent yourself. I have nothing to lose if I **** someone off, you have potential customers you may lose. Look at how Matt conducts himself on here. He's always fair, never emotional, always is calm, cool, and collected and backs up anything he says with cold hard evidence. Because of that I see Matt as a professional.

But trust me when I say I'm as excited as anyone to see what you can do. This type of competition benefits the consumer, which is me. If you can do something no other tuner can, by all means, do it.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,

So ummmmm.........I don;t have a tuner and really don't plan on putting one on. What I am seeing is like the early 60's 70's Mopar days everybody had comp cams and Isky cams were frowned upon. However A LOT of records were set with Mopars running the Isky cams. So did that make the Comp cams crap? no, Did that make the Isky cams crap no. The development of better performance tuning and application for these trucks will come from development of different groups. The developments discovered by one will allow the others to advance their tunes also. This is not a "My horse is better than yours" race, this is a product development cycle and it is necessary if we are to see these trucks taken seriously as muscle machines.
While I am not familiar with either of these gentlemen, I can assure you that we, the end users, carry as much fault as any vendor in this kind of nonsense. When we start with the banner waving and competition bashing among those that are trying to develop these trucks we hurt ourselves.
Ultimately it is we the end users that are responsible for divisions in the RAM camp, not the vendors or developers.
Understand that I am not saying that pointing out the benefits of some mod or tune is wrong, after all that is really why we are all here. BUT I am saying that stuff like " Joe Shcmo racing's tunes was so bad that my truck ran .02 sec slower in the butt dyno street race with the blown cammed, and tuned eco boost I lost to yesterday, If I had the dyno Dan deluxe tune I would have kicked that 750 hp EB's butt."
We also need to conduct ourselves as Ladies and Gentlemen if we truly are about finding out what is best for our rides and developing them into serious muscle machines.
Sorry for the rant, JMHO

preachp

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm new to the forums, only been around year and half, so I don't know the history. Now that that's out of way.
I don't understand why this discussion even continues. Has ANYONE seen Sean come on here to bash Jay back? I certainly haven't. Seems to me, Sean is taking the more professional route. I use HF tune and rather have him work on making advancement in tunes over bickering like school ******* a forum.
You use who you use. Part of my research in deciding what tuner to buy and what CMR tuner will do tunes, involved reading who is available. All information I found involving Jay was surrounded by some form of drama, seans not at all. This was MY MONEY I was spending and good business is important to me. This is also why I use Moe's, not because Matt is a vendor here but because Matt does good business.
I'm starting to get off topic so I'll leave this post right there....
No one sees Sean on here bashing Jay because Sean is never on the forum...

Anyway OP I'm happy with my hemifever tune. It makes a big difference over stock. I have heard from a bunch of guys that there was a big difference again going with Jays tune.

I'd try out one of Jays tunes but I just don't really want to spend the money on a custom tune when I have one already haha!

DiabeticKripple

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i dont get why threads like this get locked as long as they stay civil.

its good for this information to be out there for people who are on the fence on which to get.

i have only heard of hemifever and greene, never seen a tuned truck, but i havent been in the local ram scene yet.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
I stayed out of this fight the easy way, AJ (hemituner) is tuning my truck now and if you want to talk about experience and knowledge I can count on one hand the number of people that stand to his caliber when it comes to intimate knowledge of the hemi car and truck platform. This winter AJ and I will be trying a significant custom blower cam in my truck to see if we can get it tuned properly if I'm able to get a new set of notched pistons that will clear the valves.

I paid for and was playing with the CMR software myself but there's an art to it so I respect anybody that has taken the time to get right down into the ***** that is the temperamental and software limited hemi programming. I talked to Sean when I was starting this build and didn't get the warm fuzzies from him because of his limited supercharged experience at the time and I PM'd Jay on another forum he's active on to try talking about the cam project and didn't get a response, which crossed him off my list. So far the only remote tuners I've had any luck working with are Johan, AJ, and Josh and would recommend them to anybody who is looking to do more than just bolt-ons.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
And these threads should stay open, this is a public disscussion forum, not a feelings factory.

But certified vendors on here pay a fee to get that status. Therefore it is in the best interest of the administration to "clean" up all the threads that could possibly detract from future sales. Its normal.

In the words of one of the trailer park boys; "thats just the way she goes bud, just the way she goes"

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Sean had publicly sent emails and messages to people calling me a tune thief. Saying that I am also using another tuners tunes and many other obsurd claims. I know others tuners including me that have reason to believe he has copied us... May be why he is saying this to cover his tracks.

I give Matt a tune to try for Free hoping to get his business. He tries it and tells some friends of his the results. Said it felt stronger and better part throttle, WOT he couldn't tell the different. Then has the nerve to publicly say he tested both tunes and Hemifevers is faster. If he wanted to really prove something he has the chance but I am sure deep down he didn't know which was faster. Would he really wanna give results that prove mine were faster. Hell no, so he didn't test and lied about it!!!

Where is the evidence!!!! Your always here posting other **** where is the evidence.

Anyone and I mean anyone would be heated my claims as these. People take what Sean and Matt say is the truth and that is why I am angered. People will not thing they are lies.

This is where you could not be more wrong. I never once said that Sean's tune was faster than yours...I said his tune ran "BETTER" than yours, but you took my words out of context and then went on to slam Moe's every chance you could get. His tune was more consistent, and the power was smoother from start to finish. I felt safer running his tuning, and its just an added bonus that I now have the fastest N/A 4th gen Hemi truck in the country with that reliable Hemifever tune.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thank you for posting that screen shot. The picture above that image was when I set the record for the fastest N/A 4th gen with my 12.69 pass. I assuming Guillermo is 1 of your customers who tried to tell me to switch to your tuning after just setting a record pass with a Hemifever tune. You and your customers continue to post BS like that to the guys that are running faster than you and your customers which is actually funny to me. Guys are doing the same thing to Ray right now who has set records of his own using Hemifever to tune his truck.

Then below, you will see where I said Hemifever's tune ran "better", not faster. His tuning has been more consistent for myself and just about everyone else I've seen. You went out, ran a 12.99, and then continued to get slower on your next few track visits...Jermie went out and ran a 12.7 the day you ran 12.99, then continued to go slower on his next few track visits...Ethan went out and ran a 12.74, then continued to get slower on his next few track visits. Meanwhile, myself (12.49), Travis (12.95), Arturo (13.06), Henry (12.56), and Wes (12.65), all continued to get faster with each trip to the track with Hemifever's tuning. The changes he is making to peoples tunes are showing actual improvements at the track. The changes you are making have people saying their truck feels faster on the street, but then they end up going slower at the track. I am looking for 3 things in a tune...power, reliability, and consistency. Myself and our customers get all of the above from Hemifever, and that is why I will only run and only support his tuning.