Not to stir the pot to much

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thad8403

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can't even get a tune from Sean now that I use Jay. Sad thing is I never once compared them to bash any one. I simply wanted my truck fast as possible. Sean won't reply to a text nor an email. He just ignores me. He basically told me to choose between tuners and that's bs!!!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thad, Sean told me today that he was going to send you a new tune, but was trying to find your account. He said that the name on your account isn't Thad, but in a different name, and he was having trouble finding it. Shoot that over to me, and I'll send it to him in the morning.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I would reccomend HP tuners but they arent a vendor here so this thread will probably get deleted....

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I beleive they are a canned tune company getting into the custom tune market

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You want to impress me? Come out with a tuning option for 2015 RAM's... be THAT guy

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You want to impress me? Come out with a tuning option for 2015 RAM's... be THAT guy

That's not going to be possible until the hardware supplier allows support for the platform. As soon as the hardware can support the new vehicles then the tuners can start working on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That's not going to be possible until the hardware supplier allows support for the platform. As soon as the hardware can support the new vehicles then the tuners can start working on them.

So you're saying it's not likely going to happen?

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Is that a custom tuner?

I beleive they are a canned tune company getting into the custom tune market

HP tuners is a tuning software just like Diablo's CMR software, it just allows you to access the programming, what you do with it is up to you.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
So you're saying it's not likely going to happen?

It will happen, just not right away. The '11+ guys had to wait 2-3 years to be able to tune their vehicles because Chrysler created a new revolving code system. The hardware must be in place for the tuners to be able to change the programming.

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I hope to hell a solution becomes available sooner than 2 years... I'll send my PCM to someone... whatever it takes...

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You will still have to wait even if you wanted to send the PCM, this issue is the encryption that Chrysler uses just like Charonblk07 stated. I had to wait even longer cause I didn't want to be the first to jump on new tuning but that was me.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
You can do a lot more with HP tuners at least when it comes to GM's
I've used it a few times, I use a similar software to tune my GTP.

Dodge just likes to make things complicated, there a many PIDs that they won't allot you to change. Not that won't be fast other, but every little tweek can help.

With the 2015 it looks like for now you have send you PCM in, so whichever tuner can fool the bootloader and override it's command so it can be tuned.

It's only a matter of time before it's cracked.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really wish Dodge would stop with locking out the aftermarket. Thanks to that this will probably be the last Ram I'll ever own. So many other toys out there that are easier to mod.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The offer one of the best powertrain warranties and you fault them for protecting their ass??? It started with the diesels and now because the big three have all lost millions to warranty claims on tuned vehicles they have all stepped up their encryption and the ability to detect access. The Ecoboost had a Bosch system that wasn't cracked for a year or so after release.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Diablo is telling us that they are only about a month away from having tuning available for the 2015's. You will have to send your PCM into them to be unlocked or buy an unlocked PCM from them that is ready to go, but you will be able to tune the 2015's soon.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The offer one of the best powertrain warranties and you fault them for protecting their ass??? It started with the diesels and now because the big three have all lost millions to warranty claims on tuned vehicles they have all stepped up their encryption and the ability to detect access. The Ecoboost had a Bosch system that wasn't cracked for a year or so after release.

I really couldn't care less about a warranty. If I could buy the same vehicle for less money without a warranty I would. I'm just going to void it with all the stuff I'm going to do lol.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Diablo is telling us that they are only about a month away from having tuning available for the 2015's. You will have to send your PCM into them to be unlocked or buy an unlocked PCM from them that is ready to go, but you will be able to tune the 2015's soon.

So the same set up as the option we discussed in prior thread Matt? New PCM and tune = $1200 project? :(

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
So the same set up as the option we discussed in prior thread Matt? New PCM and tune = $1200 project? :(

Yes. The price of the tuners will be the same as they are now, but you are probably looking at roughly $200-$300 if you send in your PCM to be unlocked or $700-$800 if you buy a new PCM that is already unlocked.

The PCM unlock pricing I just posted is my best guess at this time. Hopefully we get some more concrete numbers soon.