NOT Wrangler SRAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 19 Limited came from the factory with Falken Wildpeak AT3s. (Off road pkg). I have over 50,000 miles (84,000kms) on them and have almost half tread left. I almost never use my radio and the tires don't bother me for noise at all. I am happy with them. (99% highway driving)

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I'm running BFGoodrich KO2's. I like them. They are great in the snow and wet. They are fine in dry. I've heard issues of them wearing uneavenly and getting vibrations ... it hasn't bothered me yet and I'm about 40k km into this set.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO, U cannot go wrong with LTX Michelins (Defenders), Cooper AT3's or Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. All close to similar, price range and so so. Just slight road noise on Coopers and Falken, Michelin pretty quiet. All 3 are good sets of tires (IMHO).... FWIW< I have Falkens on MY 19 Bighorn, sold them SRA's for pennies on the dollar, make good boundary and tire swings. While I am thinking of it, Had Toyo HT's on Momma's 2010 F150, if U R just doing highway, they were not bad, cheapest of the 4 at that time, but for the RAMS, I like my 3 choices I stated.

New tire on truck.jpg New tires left side truck.jpg

autumnwalker

Reaction score
I had a set of Cooper AT/3's on my truck - I think I had a bad batch, but they were shot in under 15k KMs. Completely dry rotted and the rears were bald. They were rotated with each oil change and only saw pavement. I don't think my experience is representative of the tire overall, but it is a data point. My distributor warranty'd the tires and I put the KO2's on as replacement.

slickracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really like the look of the AT3 4s but not having full depth sipes is a deal breaker. Firestone did it right with the new AT/2 by making the sipes full depth.

Snacktime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My take on having both Falken and Cooper AT3s. The Falken AT3 on the wife's truck have better wear and traction off road compared to the Cooper AT3 on the work truck. Wet weather and ice traction is the same. However 4-6" snow the falkens just walk away. Falkens seem to do everything better especially at a higher tire pressure, coopers needed lower pressure a few times (nothing like letting air out in a blizzard to get home). Coopers are quieter, don't make as much noise on grooved roads.

I am currently shopping tires, and would buy Falkens if they cost the same as they did a year ago...

I am currently looking at Yokohama x-at due to them being $100 a tire cheaper than Cooper or Falken. Also may buy another set Pathfinder generic tires as I got the best tire life out of them so far on my ram($500 for a set at discount tire). I will not be buying another set of Nittos AWP as the traction was terrible in the cold and poor wear. Currently on to my fourth set of tires at 85k miles...

FN 2187

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
The 2 sets of SRA's I had on my '14 Express were far better tires than the Wrangler HP's on third gen Rams. I had 2 blow internal belts on my '02 SLT. They were made of a hard compound which meant long tread life but less traction. I found the SRA's to be quiet and competent but certainly not great. I currently run Bridgestone Dueler A/T's on my '14 Sport CC 4X4. I only have about 2,000 miles on them but I love them so far. They are quiet, about as sticky on dry pavement as you could reasonably expect truck tires to be, are solid at worst on wet pavement, and offer a more aggressive look that I have gotten many compliments on.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I really like the look of the AT3 4s but not having full depth sipes is a deal breaker. Firestone did it right with the new AT/2 by making the sipes full depth.

Nothing worse than having a tire do it’s job well the first half of ownership, then suck the rest of the time. Full depth sipes definitely are a make or break part of that.

Murdock188

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm getting the falkens wildpeak at3w put on my truck tomorrow morning, think I got a pretty good deal at 180/tire, including balance and an alignment