odd start up and idle issue. Any help would be great

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So im not sure if its the battery or not... but upon start up it goes up to 1000 rpm.. then abit higher as if i have my foot on the peddle.. then drops slowly.. and as soon as I shift out of park.. it goes to about 3-400 rpm.. almost as if its about to bog out... I did a couple battery tests with a multimeter and OBD ... it said over charged at 12.80 when off and then after driving the truck for abit and checking it again it had said low voltage? Is this in any way related to my issue of starting and shifting out of park?? Im kind of at a stand still? battery is the original so 6 yrs old... No issue actually starting but all of a sudden this wierd **** is happening?? some say battery others say cam position sensor or would it be throttle body related?? I need some direction.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got a vacuum leak somewhere or your throttle body is sticking, but sounds more like a vacuum leak, check ur intake and hoses

OP
OP
chris52010trx4

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's what I thought. .throttle body is clean and hoses are good and tight. .funny thing is I cleaned the battery terminals and now it starts fine no higher isle and isn't bogging. ..I know it doesn't make sense but it's true. ..damn trucks. .. I'd be Curious if that makes sense to anyone

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk