Oil Change % on EVIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Anyone know if the oil change % factors in time as well as miles/driving conditions? The manual says the change interval should never exceed 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first, but I'm wondering if it would alert me if I started to get up against the 12 months.

Over the nearly 10 years I've owned the truck the time has never mattered but I now split time between two residences and my truck sits quite a bit. I pay enough attention that I'm unlikely to ever go close to a year despite miles but it would be nice to know if the monitor is a reliable backup to my aging brain. Mainly I want to be sure to keep the warranty gods happy for my Lifetime Maxcare.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
It does not measure time.

I purchased a new jeep wrangler for my wife in July 2022. i picked it up with 6 miles on the odometer.

First oil change yesterday, at 4093 miles. Still had 46% life remaining. Well over a year. Im 100% certain it does not measure time. Granted it's not a Ram, but it is an FCA product, with similar if not exact same technology.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Bigsky is correct from what I have seen so far. Unlike the GM versions, this one doesnt seem to click off percentage just sitting in your garage.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
mtofell, I seriously doubt it factors time. I just purchased a 2023 Challenger HellCat on Nov.30th
It was built the end of March 2023. I just changed the engine oil/filter @ 58 miles on the odometer. So that is 9 months since it was built and when I went to reset the oil life indicator, it was at 99%

OP
OP
M

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks everyone.... great info and just what I was looking for. As I mentioned, I'm mainly looking to keep warranty intact.... seems like one could make a good case on a warranty denial when the monitor screaming at me from the dash says I'm still good to go.

Aside from generally wanting to keep my warranty intact, I actually had my engine fail and get covered under my MaxCare Warranty but it was a bit of a hassle. Per my service advisor, they combed over my records which were thankfully all at dealers and flawless.... every oil change done at a Ram dealer since new. Also, since I posted I was able to log in to my Ram history and realized I had my last oil change in June 2023 so I've got a bit to go.... I guess I'm just hypersensitive about keeping that glorious lifetime warranty going :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have an Eco-Diesel
Mostly because my destinations are all close, my Credit Union is 9 miles away & every thing else is closer, my longest drive is maybe 16 miles & i only make that trip when i need to do a REGEN every 3 to 4 weeks.

Short trips kills your OIL LIFE

I have been lucky, the 2 gas stations that i buy at both have #2 diesel,
so i have not had to use that gummy Bio-diesel.

Cheapest #2 Diesel cost $4.68 cash, 10 cents more per gallon to use a Card

I notice that some Stations are charging 20 cents more per gallon if you use a Card
:(

Last edited: