Oil Change with Liqui Moly, Mopar SRT Filter & Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic 5w-20 at 22k miles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use 5qts of 5w30 PUP and 2qts 5w30 RL. As for filter - XG2 by FRAM (same size as SRT, pre-electric power steering as @tidefan said). I think it's a superior filter to SRT one. No evidence to back it up. Just the way Fram is constructed and uses better media. I had a very faint tick about 20k miles ago. Not anymore. Actually have a bottle of molly additive at home, but never had to use it. Currently 75kmiles on the truck.

Dieselhorses

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 cid
I don’t know how accurate the “oil life” indicator is on truck but right at 5k miles it’s showing 50%. I usually change somewhere between 5-6k. Oil on dipstick shows little difference than when I changed last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieselhorses

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 cid
Third oil change. Still rough fishing the fat SRT filter into place, but getting easier! I found that using a long oil filter wrench (the pliers one) works well maneuvering the filter towards front and over cowl (by 2 hoses). Also aids in snugging it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use FRAM XG2. It's the same size as SRT filter. FRAM has rubber (?l) coating on the bottom of the filter for better grip. I hand tight mine and check for leaks after. No wrench needed.