Oil Filter and Oil Shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
He said it was Covid related
Why not? Everything else is regardless of what it is. Maybe we can get another stimulus check to help with oil changes so we can sit at home.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
The supply chain was so badly mismanaged by executives with their vaunted just-in-time delivery systems to squeeze every nickel out of every sale, it could withstand zero disruptions by real life. Now it will take years to recover, thanks to those greedy morons.

I've been adding fuel to their shortages fires by pre-ordering anything I need. Just ordered fall maintenance parts today - for November application.

Gort

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Since I try to change my oil about every 4K miles, I try to keep on hand 3 changes worth of oil and filters for each of my vehicles (because just in case). I finally used up the last of the 5W-20 for my wife's Wrangler (switching it over to 5W-30 since the warranty is finally expired).

I just ordered oil and filters for my Wranglers and was surprised to see that Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 was backordered on Amazon ("In stock soon"). Also got 3 of the last remaining 6 Wix filters for the wife's Wrangler (2015). There were plenty for my 2012 though.

I don't know -- maybe there is something to it based on what I'm seeing on Amazon, or maybe people are simply starting to hoard oil and filters like they did with TP last year. But whatever is going on, it's the first time I've personally encountered Amazon (Prime) not having PP or PUP on hand.

David Jenkinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L TD
Well instead of starting a new thread, I'm reviving an old one, and so far 2 auto parts stores here in Monroe, WA have bare shelves and have confirmed they haven't seen any CK-4 motor oil in a while. Walmart has none. I was shocked. ????. I'm going to call a couple more tomorrow, including the dealer, but what other sources have you all used before? I was hoping to get shell rotella as I've purchased in the past and that the owners manual recommends. But I can't find any. Thinking of maybe amzoil.com? $60/gallon now however.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Well instead of starting a new thread, I'm reviving an old one, and so far 2 auto parts stores here in Monroe, WA have bare shelves and have confirmed they haven't seen any CK-4 motor oil in a while. Walmart has none. I was shocked. ????. I'm going to call a couple more tomorrow, including the dealer, but what other sources have you all used before? I was hoping to get shell rotella as I've purchased in the past and that the owners manual recommends. But I can't find any. Thinking of maybe amzoil.com? $60/gallon now however.
FYI Amsoil is not $60 a gallon, current member price is $31.79 for their gallon jug of 5w40 AOD or a dollar ten cents less a gallon if you need 10w30, free shipping on order of $100.00

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I could go years with my stockpile of oil and filters...lol