Oil Filter Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
When I bought the 2003 5.7l Hemi ram I have, the oil filter on it looked too big... diameter was so wide it hung over the edges. I changed the oil and used a Quaker filter which was the correct diameter but seemed small given the size of the engine.

I bought a Mobil M1-204... Mobil is my first choice and was in stock this time so grabbed it. Went to stick it on and like the original, way too wide. Rubber overhangs the edge of the engine.

Seems every other brand is too wide to fit properly but the computer at the store says it's a fit, and manufacturer site does as well.

What make/part number are you guys using because apparently the computer and internet is very inaccurate. Annoyingly prefilled with oil so filter is non-returnable.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I use the Mopar 5281090 (MO-090) filter for all of my Hemi trucks. You can pick them up cheap at Walmart or buy them from the dealer if you have to. They can be ordered from several vendors and Amazon normally had good prices too.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Even if the metal overhangs it may still fit. The actual fit is designated from the gasket size and nipple thread. If the gasket is the proper diameter you are fine. I used a larger filter on my 318. It was wide and overhung the sides but the gasket was the proper diameter to seal