One of the Badest trucks on this Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, I see you are in Orange County. I am your southern neighbor in Rockland! Our shop is actually in VA, and we use warehouses all over the county.

It wont gain you any power really if you stay with the stock mid pipe and/or stock manfolds. It will be pretty loud and pretty raspy. If you are looking for more power we need to work on the rest of the exhaust system. If you are looking for just better sound we have a lot of options to do that. Do you have the OEM dual exhaust?
I currently have a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back 3” into dual 2 1/2” out. I’m just looking for a little more depth and noise lol. Maybe a super 10. I had a 70’ 442 with a 455 and custom ******,(I know right!) headers that were 2 1/4 primaries that fed down to a 5” collector and got flushed out through a h piped 3” what a thumper. Anyway it was a deep resonating sound that I loved and just want my Power Wagon to sound like it looks .

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I currently have a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back 3” into dual 2 1/2” out. I’m just looking for a little more depth and noise lol. Maybe a super 10. I had a 70’ 442 with a 455 and custom ******,(I know right!) headers that were 2 1/4 primaries that fed down to a 5” collector and got flushed out through a h piped 3” what a thumper. Anyway it was a deep resonating sound that I loved and just want my Power Wagon to sound like it looks .

I would get away from the chambered style mufflers flowmaster offers. That are restrictive in design. I would go with a straight thru style muffler. If you keep the full catback you may need a shop to make a muffler swap work. OR you can change the catback to a different one. Another option is put the stock exhaust back on and use one of our muffler kits in place of the stock one.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you recommend?
I would get away from the chambered style mufflers flowmaster offers. That are restrictive in design. I would go with a straight thru style muffler. If you keep the full catback you may need a shop to make a muffler swap work. OR you can change the catback to a different one. Another option is put the stock exhaust back on and use one of our muffler kits in place of the stock one.

Bob Macknight

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4hemi
JB1 has a really nice truck that has A LOT of time, effort, and planning into it. That is respectable and in my case inspirational. Aside from that I have been a witness to the guys character and endless links and pictures that have helped people out. He's not on here trying to knock people down or posting jabs at people. When I saw truck of the month come back to this forum I saw an opportunity to grow the forums and have more people interact.
Lets be real We are talking about truck of the Month. This is not hail to the King your now going to be on the hook to send the winner $100 a week for life. Its a nice feature to have on the forum for some that care.
I am NOT trying to knock ANYONE down,but it is you who tainted this TOTM by your verbal submission about how we all should vote for those you chose based on how they helped everyone on this site (ya`ll better scroll up to truck of the month nominations and cast your vote for @jbi you know that at one point in tme he helped you with your set up or went the extra mile getting a part number or picture to HELP you.) Yum, those words must taste good

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I am NOT trying to knock ANYONE down,but it is you who tainted this TOTM by your verbal submission about how we all should vote for those you chose based on how they helped everyone on this site (ya`ll better scroll up to truck of the month nominations and cast your vote for @jbi you know that at one point in tme he helped you with your set up or went the extra mile getting a part number or picture to HELP you.) Yum, those words must taste good
I think your thinking about it too much, its for fun.....more trucks will be voted on next month, and the month after that....

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

huh? Maybe I’m missing where your statement makes sense. Maybe you need to re read

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
Ya’ll better scroll up to truck of the month nominations and cast your vote for @JB1 you know that at one point in time he helped you with your set up or went the extra mile getting a part number or picture to help you. Let’s show some love for the truck of the month contest so it doesn’t go away again.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/september-2020-totm-voting-poll.167381/
Didn’t want to start new post & I see Jb1 has won, love that truck! I took a few pic’s & now I see what you meant with the spacers pushing toward the fenders. It is very close already & I assume it would be closer when turning, right now only rubs in reverse full lock on the uca, would hate to put on spacer to clear uca to have it hitting the fender. The strait on photo looks to me like 1”-1.5” spacer would put tire right at the of edge of flare as you stated, I think it would look as good or better, so now wondering if I should just deal with current setup-planning ahead when backing/parking or try to find the “ perfect balance”. I would value/appreciate your opinion hopefully these pics will be helpful & thank you again

4D224378-B0B4-44E6-826C-CA5E112A681B.jpeg

EDA1A640-0A3F-4B87-83BE-FB2D7C17034E.jpeg

A63A692E-8DF3-4EC6-B3E7-2A26E910370D.jpeg

CBF26355-47CA-444F-8F53-CD5FADD96415.jpeg

66E8DB84-E8A9-43A1-8ABE-DBB9D09780D3.jpeg