Outside air flow through vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo diesel
Hi all,

I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Bighorn diesel and every truck I’ve had before this one (never owned a Ram) has always had continuous air flow from outside unless the recycle air button is on. The only way this truck has air flow is if the fan knob is turned on. Is this just the way these trucks are built?

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi all,

I have a 2022 Ram 2500 Bighorn diesel and every truck I’ve had before this one (never owned a Ram) has always had continuous air flow from outside unless the recycle air button is on. The only way this truck has air flow is if the fan knob is turned on. Is this just the way these trucks are built?
I've owned all three, the Chevy and Ford before this one, and none of them had flow-through from the outside into the cab with the fan turned off. I've never heard of that. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.

OP
OP
J

Jcefus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo diesel
I've owned all three, the Chevy and Ford before this one, and none of them had flow-through from the outside into the cab with the fan turned off. I've never heard of that. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve owned a Ford & Toyota trucks before this one of which both had flow-through air. Just curious

clay282

Black Betty had a child... named Betty White
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know what you’re talking about… I’ve found manual climate control systems have some flow through. Automatic climate control doesn’t ever seem to. I’ve noticed in my Bighorn with automatic climate control, even on recirculate, it will randomly open for a bit to allow fresh air in, but it does not let fresh air in when turned off.