p0123 / p0222 - Replacing tb (tps built in) did not resolve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoofenstein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,

I've a 2018 1500 with the 5.7.

To clarify, I did read through the threads before posting, nothing matched or provided new info sadly.

I turned it off in a parking lot, and when I returned would not start - faint click (sounding like a battery with too low a charge), no check engine light, just the red lightning bolt. Tried jumping it, no love, so googled and most replies were tps/tb issue. Tried foot pedal reset, still noting. Had it towed to the dealer.

They called the next day and said the battery was just low and it was good to go after charging for a few hours, said battery and alternator both tested fine.

Took her home, 2 days later died. Same deal, but at home. As I was home this time I pulled out the scanner, she's throwing p0123 and p0222. I put a new TB on and tossed in a new battery because why not. Still no start. Charged it overnight. Still no start, still throwing the same codes. Can't clear them from the scanner, and pedal reset doesn't seem to have any effect.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on what I can look at here? I really figured replacing the tb (as the tps is built in) would solve it.

-- edit
does not crank, no effort to start, just turn key and faint 'click' - however power is fine, new battery charged, also tried jumping off my '02.

voltage to the 4th pin from the left on the tb cable reads a steady 5v when key is at 'on' position.

OP
OP
W

whoofenstein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The dealership replaced the starter, it came home, ran for 3 days, and is now dead again.

So far new throttle body & position sensor, relay, pedal, and starter. Still not working.

Anyone have any ideas?

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
FWIW, my son had the same starting issue- but no codes--on his Grand Cherokee. Issue ended up being a bad cable between battery and starter, and was a bear to change out at the starter end.

best,
DG

OP
OP
W

whoofenstein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the tip, easy enough to run a temp cable to try. It’s back at the dealership so if they haven’t got news for me by Friday I’ll go roll around in their parking lot again over the weekend! Heh