P0204 Injector circuit open code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamMe76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got this code today and rough idle...Any ideas where to start? Seems to be a bad injector. Should i change all of them? and maybe plugs? 124,000 miles on the engine. Any small steps i should try first. What plugs should i use? And would the remanufactured injectors be ok to use? Any ifo would be great..Thanks

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Swap the injector, if code follows you found the issue. I just replace the ones that go bad and just clean the others and put on new seals.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Got this code today and rough idle...Any ideas where to start? Seems to be a bad injector. Should i change all of them? and maybe plugs? 124,000 miles on the engine. Any small steps i should try first. What plugs should i use? And would the remanufactured injectors be ok to use? Any ifo would be great..Thanks
Use OEM plugs,and Do Not buy them from Amazon or Ebay,unless you like fake plugs and changing them again in a couple weeks.
If you don't have one of these sockets,it's definitely worth picking one up,they make changing the plugs on a hemi alot nicer.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Unplug injector #4. Hook up a Noid light or test light to the terminal in the harness plug. Start it. You should see the light flash everytime it is firing the injector. Next using a meter ohm out the injector. If it's an open circuit, injector coil is bad and has been confirmed by 2 tests. Replace injector.

Screenshot_20240105_210856_Google.jpg