P0456 CEL - Came on this morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MusclezMarinara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Crew 1500
So this morning I had the CEL light come on used my tester and it is error code P0456 and P0456P.. I do have the remote start unit the DBALL but nothing has been touched so wouldn't be loose connection.

Can anyone assist?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
P0456 is a small evap leak. It is a common code. A problem with the emissions system. Nothing to do with the remote start. Probably a gas cap or ESIM. It needs to be tested.

Lawhand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If any of your local mechanics have a gas cap pressure tester, im sure they can test it. if not buy a 15$ cap from auto zone. If you have a catch can make sure if has a very tight seal. otherwise dealership time

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It fixed my code. And according to Identifix, it's fixed dozens of others, so no, I'm not crazy.

Don't want to say that you are wrong but.....evap leak and egr are pretty different.

OP, if it is still under warranty, take it to the dealer instead of wasting any time or money on it. And please report back with what fixed it.

Bluesmoke91

2nd GEN Site Mod
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't want to say that you are wrong but.....evap leak and egr are pretty different.

OP, if it is still under warranty, take it to the dealer instead of wasting any time or money on it. And please report back with what fixed it.

Ok so I'm definitely crazy. The code I'm thinking of is 406, not 456 which is OPs code. Always double check yourself before opening your mouth, I learned my lesson. My apologies.