Paint issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Noticed this on my 2015 the other day... Looks like rust forming under the paint. I called the dealer and I still have 3 months left on my paint warranty, so I'll take it up there and see what happens....

IMG_20200527_155033.jpg IMG_20200527_154803.jpg

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Plse let us know what they say/do?

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If this is your hood. Its corroding. Mine did this a couple years ago (before my warranty ran out) and my hood was replaced and painted. Btw, sport hoods are about $900. I think I have photos of the corrosion in my media section.

The problem I am running into now, and I have to get with the collision repair shop that did the work is that I now have some small chipping around the hood air vents. I doubt they will cover it because it has been about 2 years.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My 2005 did that on both sides of the bed above the wheel wells. It was rusting from the inside out. Did not take long before it turned into a full blown rotted out hole all the way around the top. It seems that water makes its way into the seam of the panel and wheel well. A bit of sealant in the seam where it is joined from the factory would have probably prevented it.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a much smaller spot of this on my rear painted bumper hence my curiosity. Truck is a 2018 bought new feb 2019. It has been through 2 winters & washed by hand wash fairly regularly. I believe the warranty is for perforation, not surface rusting. In any case later this summer I'll be due for a warranty at the stealership so I'll skip the fast lane & start documenting this too. I could do a poor man's fix but I would prefer it be fixed properly.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If this is your hood. Its corroding. Mine did this a couple years ago (before my warranty ran out) and my hood was replaced and painted. Btw, sport hoods are about $900. I think I have photos of the corrosion in my media section.

The problem I am running into now, and I have to get with the collision repair shop that did the work is that I now have some small chipping around the hood air vents. I doubt they will cover it because it has been about 2 years.
It's the fender near the driver headlight. Need to give it a good wash and check out all over.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Noticed this on my 2015 the other day... Looks like rust forming under the paint. I called the dealer and I still have 3 months left on my paint warranty, so I'll take it up there and see what happens....

View attachment 209686 View attachment 209687

Hi @Jwithing - Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message if you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer!

I have a much smaller spot of this on my rear painted bumper hence my curiosity. Truck is a 2018 bought new feb 2019. It has been through 2 winters & washed by hand wash fairly regularly. I believe the warranty is for perforation, not surface rusting. In any case later this summer I'll be due for a warranty at the stealership so I'll skip the fast lane & start documenting this too. I could do a poor man's fix but I would prefer it be fixed properly.

Hi @buddy guy - You may always follow up with our Canadian Customer Care for further support while working with your dealer. You may call 1-800-361-3700 or visit https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Finally made it to a dealer. I've been holding off due to Covid, but my warranty expires in August. They took a picture and said they would talk to the service manager since they were unsure if it would be covered, which made it seem like they're going to determine if it's worth their time to file a claim. I was told it should be early next week before I hear something back. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't heard anything, So I called the dealer and the gal sounded like no claim was filed and nothing was on record, of course. She said she would talk to the guys who file the claims and call me back. I call back 4 hours later just to be told the same thing, that I'll get a call back... Warranty coverage expires in 10 days.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd be on their doorstep--again
Jay

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@RamCares , sent you a PM, I can't get the dealer to call me back. Expected an update a week ago and I've left 4 messages. Are you able to help at all?

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@RamCares , sent you a PM, I can't get the dealer to call me back. Expected an update a week ago and I've left 4 messages. Are you able to help at all?

Is like this everywhere, not just cars.

Call to refill my medicine, ok will be ready in an hour, go by in an hour and no record of order placed.

I swear is like nowadays people just dont give a **** about their job and customer service.

Good luck with you trying to get it fixed, i would drive to dealership every single day if i were you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is like this everywhere, not just cars.

Call to refill my medicine, ok will be ready in an hour, go by in an hour and no record of order placed.

I swear is like nowadays people just dont give a **** about their job and customer service.

Good luck with you trying to get it fixed, i would drive to dealership every single day if i were you

Right? Just called again. Their favorite question seems to be asking if I've ever been to the dealership before... No, no I haven't, and I'll never buy a vehicle from you jackasses if this is how you do business...

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right? Just called again. Their favorite question seems to be asking if I've ever been to the dealership before... No, no I haven't, and I'll never buy a vehicle from you jackasses if this is how you do business...

Yea, i took mine to the dealership for a different reason and even test drove it with mechanic and showed him clearly what the problem is, his answer was thats how all rams are. Left and ill takenit to a a different ine eventually before warranty is out

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Talked to one of the gals in the body shop and just st as I had anticipated, nothing was filed. She took it the the warranty admin, after I sent more pictures, and they agreed to fix it. We will see how it goes...

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they do the work they'll ask for a review when they are done. Be brutally honest. The only way dealerships listen is when you give them a poor rating. It hurts them where it counts, in the money dept.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they do the work they'll ask for a review when they are done. Be brutally honest. The only way dealerships listen is when you give them a poor rating. It hurts them where it counts, in the money dept.

This

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Thank you for doing so, just had a chance to respond!

Mark
RamCares