Paint Protection pieces under hood need replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

I just discovered under my hood that the paint protection film pieces on the underside of the hood in places are gone. These are there to prevent the hood bumpers from rubbing off the paint. As a result in a couple of spots the paint is worn down to bare metal.

The pics are the paint protection film that still remains so you know what I'm talking about.

I’m touching up the bare metal but am looking for a better option to prevent any further rubbing. I was thinking something along the line of Gorilla Tape or something like it; just not sure it would hold up to the constant friction. Does anyone have any suggestions, recommendations or should I just purchase some small pieces of paint protection film.

zfo4wf1.jpg
UVcB3LC.jpg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Get some of the 3M clear film and use that on the areas you need.

OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get some of the 3M clear film and use that on the areas you need.

Ya that's the first thing that came to mind but it's hard to find for picking it from a store. Seems like I can only find it online from Amazon etc.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I haven't seen the clear in any auto stores...

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same problem...... and had leftover 3M clear that i used under my fender flairs ......it has held up for about a year but is showing wear now .....guess I'll do it again this summer