Painted Engine Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I painted my 4th Gen Engine cover.

engine-20cover-t-jpg.jpg

04-t-jpg.jpg

And wondered if anyone had painted their 5th Gen Engine Cover, yet.

Show them, if you got them.
I need idea's, to steal.
Yes, I admit, I will flat out steal the very best one shown.

Right now, I'm leaning towards painting everything Hemi Orange.
If it's black, it gets painted Orange.

So, post them up

Thanks

EDIT:
Just did some Google-Fu.
5th gen enginve cover painted

click on images tab and 2 outta the first three were mine.

what do ya know.....
Wonder how many 4th Gen'ers have stolen my Engine Cover idea?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I take them off and throw them away,lol.The engine looks better with-out them /it's easier to keep the top end clean,and with-out it theres less intake manifold heat soak.I also pulled the valve cover covers off the wifes 6.4,as i'm not a fan of trapping heat in the coils,and in my opinion the covers don't do squat for the looks of a hemi.Just my 02. But you did a nice job of painting it :waytogo: BTW i highly doubt it was your idea,as guys have been painting them for going on 15 years,first one i seen was way back in 09,and the guy that painted his wasn't on here or any other forum at the time :cheers:

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I take them off and throw them away,lol.The engine looks better with-out them /it's easier to keep the top end clean,and with-out it theres less intake manifold heat soak.I also pulled the valve cover covers off the wifes 6.4,as i'm not a fan of trapping heat in the coils,and in my opinion the covers don't do squat for the looks of a hemi.Just my 02. But you did a nice job of painting it :waytogo: BTW i highly doubt it was your idea,as guys have been painting them for going on 15 years,first one i seen was way back in 09,and the guy that painted his wasn't on here or any other forum at the time :cheers:
O)h, no, not my idea to paint the cover.
Simply meant, anyone who googled painted ram engine cover would see mine, as one of the top results.
Wondered how many saw it adn di dthe same, that's all.

OP
OP
gofishn

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Whats teh advantage of teh 6.4 intake, over stock?
worth doing?
got to be truck intake, only, or can car 6.4 intake fit too?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Whats teh advantage of teh 6.4 intake, over stock?
worth doing?
got to be truck intake, only, or can car 6.4 intake fit too?
It has longer intake runners compared to the 5.7's intake,so it generates more torque then the 5.7's manifold will. The car intake manifold won't work on the trucks,as the alternator is in the way,but putting the 6.4 car intake on a 5.7 Challenger /Charger/300 etc,accomplishes virtually the same thing as putting the truck 6.4 intake on a 5.7 truck,longer runners = more torque,plus the 5.7 car manifold isn't a variable runner manifold so you gain a fair bit more torque on a 5.7 car

StateOfMind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's very slick. :favorites37:

I wish I could have one of those pretty covers on my truck's engine but so does the local rodent population.

They loved the cover on the Tundra's engine. :cool:

When I bought it used, it had been sitting on the lot for almost a year. Pulled the cover and found a small nest. Wiring wasn't chewed on so I got lucky. Since I daily it, nothing has set up residence, so I'll keep the cover until the pests force my hand. The painted cover is ridiculous, but it makes this old man smile

Mike1C5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
When I bought it used, it had been sitting on the lot for almost a year. Pulled the cover and found a small nest. Wiring wasn't chewed on so I got lucky. Since I daily it, nothing has set up residence, so I'll keep the cover until the pests force my hand. The painted cover is ridiculous, but it makes this old man smile

You obviously don’t know that a painted cover will make the truck go faster. FYI, I too am old and you made me laugh!

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I like the painted covers !
But I really like the e-torque intake cover ! wonder if anyone has retro fitted on to a regular 5.7 !?
If so what was involved to make it usable?

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the painted covers !
But I really like the e-torque intake cover ! wonder if anyone has retro fitted on to a regular 5.7 !?
If so what was involved to make it usable?
?? I have the e-torque, and didn't know it was any different.