Panic Alarm keeps going off randomly - No remote

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khalz75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, I was hoping someone could please shed some light on this topic, as I am unable to find any answers on this anywhere else!
I have a 2001 Ram, and the Panic Alarm (Horn/Lights) keep randomly going off on the truck... When I originally bought the truck, it had a fancy alarm with remote start -but that was causing issues so I had the whole alarm system removed back in 2005. I don't even have a remote (keyless entry) for the truck anymore- I just unlock it with the key itself.
So I don't have any type of alarm installed, but somehow this stock 'Panic' feature is still functioning.
For the past week, every now and then, the truck goes crazy,, (as if the Panic Button on the remote was pressed- but I don't have a remote for it!)
... I can't get it to shut off as I don't have a remote for it- So I usually just have to wait it out (which sucks at 3am and the truck is parked right by my neighbors bedroom!!)..
Now when I get home from work, I just usually disconnect the battery in hopes of this not occurring in the middle of the night again! It is a major pain in the butt to have to do this!
Could a neighbors remote possibly be setting this off, or would you think there might be a short of some kind?
Since I don't use or even have a remote for the locks,, is there someway I can just disconnect this 'Panic' feature?
I did notice a little corrosion on the battery terminals,, that wouldn't cause this, would it? As a sidenote, when they disconnected the alarm, the power locks inside the truck stopped operating correctly- the power lock will only work on the passenger side,, it will lock/unlock both doors, but the drivers side button does nothing.
Any help on this would be appreciated! I hope it's something simple that I can take care of myself!
Thank you in advance!

jlbayes

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 & 1997
Engine
5.9l cummins
You do not need to use a remote to disarm it. Use the key in the door and cycle the lock manually.