Parking light keeps popping up on my dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 ram 1500.
I replaced both back light sockets and both bulbs. I already checked my third brake light and yet it still comes on. Yes all the lights are working yet it tells me on my dash only when I have the night time lights on. I made sure they're all working just fine bulbs, sockets, properly put in correctly yet nothing. Any suggestions?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, just what exactly are you asking and what is the problem?

ADDED: U guys are bad, lmao. :angels25::dancingpoop::favorites37:

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar

I believe he is trying to say his dash lights have shat the bed multiple times. over the counter remedies like new bulbs aren't working as this seems to be a chronic issue, a real pain in the a$$ one might say. he's desperately looking for a solution before he really loses his schit over this issue that seems to just keep running on.
Personally I would have said it was a fiber issue, but I don't believe these lights run off fiber optics. So I think He really need to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I don't need to evacuate any further in this thread.

Y'all have pretty much nailed that to the wall. :cool:

welcome.gif to Ram Forum, where the smart a$$ed energy thrives.

Just to clarify, do you have a park light indicator that illuminates on the EVIC but only during nighttime or low light conditions?

I trust all the headlights and signal lights behave properly, yes?

Do you see the same condition on the display when you manually turn the headlights on or off?

Could you post a picture of what you're seeing?

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes all the lights are working properly. Yes even when I manually turn the lights on. I would but it's at random when my lights are on it decides to pop up.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
2017 ram 1500.
I replaced both back light sockets and both bulbs. I already checked my third brake light and yet it still comes on. Yes all the lights are working yet it tells me on my dash only when I have the night time lights on. I made sure they're all working just fine bulbs, sockets, properly put in correctly yet nothing. Any suggestions?
My second thought is you might have the auto headlight function turned on and your lights are turning on automatically activating the dash light indicator

It could randomly be an issue with your dash illumination itself are there any other lights on your dash that stay on when your ignition key is turned on ?

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope no other light on the dash. Even when I turn the lights on manually it appears. Even automatically still turns on regardless

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes all the lights are working properly. Yes even when I manually turn the lights on. I would but it's at random when my lights are on it decides to pop up.

What happens when you move the headlight selector to off?
I thought most of the US trucks have an off position, we don't in Canada.

Nope no other light on the dash. Even when I turn the lights on manually it appears. Even automatically still turns on regardless

Could you post a picture of the light you're seeing on the EVIC?

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What happens when you move the headlight selector to off?
I thought most of the US trucks have an off position, we don't in Canada.

Could you post a picture of the light you're seeing on the EVIC?

So I would take a picture but it's whenever it pops up randomly its not even in time sequence I can time to even take a picture.

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

My question is why does it keep showing as if a bulb is out when clearly all bulbs are working fine and sockets and the third brake light as well.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
So I would take a picture but it's whenever it pops up randomly its not even in time sequence I can time to even take a picture.
Kind of hard to help someone who can't even manage a picture of the error light. Have you at least pulled the error codes. Outside of those two you are pretty much on your own. My crystal ball is all fogged up on this one.

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kind of hard to help someone who can't even manage a picture of the error light. Have you at least pulled the error codes. Outside of those two you are pretty much on your own. My crystal ball is all fogged up on this one.
Yeah tel me about it. I'm going to pull up the codes see if anything pops up

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Yeah tel me about it. I'm going to pull up the codes see if anything pops up
Personally, that along with a fairly robust diagnostic porecdure, is sort of my first steps and long before I go looking for help from the good folks on here. Hope you find the problem.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My question is why does it keep showing as if a bulb is out when clearly all bulbs are working fine and sockets and the third brake light as well.
Have you replaced the sockets? The sockets degrade over time and they are a replaceable item. Word of warning, our 4th gens don’t play nice with aftermarket rear sockets. Even the Dorman brand can be problematic. Best to stick with the OEM for a few bucks more.