PCM bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

i_burn_diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v 5.9
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, just recently traded my 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0 for a 1998 12v Dodge 5.9 Cummins Dually. I had problems in my Chevrolet (go figure) with the instrument panel going bad instrument motors not working. When I picked up this new truck I noticed none of the instrument panel worked at all, either. Speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, oil gauge, ect don't move at all. All of these warning lights are lit up on the dash, though. The alternator is fine but will not charge the batteries and I have tested the alternator to make sure it is fine and it is. So I set up an external regulator to charge the batteries and I've been looking around some forums and such but cannot get a definitive answer on whether it is the PCM or not. Thanks for any input on the matter.

-Logan P
1998 5.9 Dodge Ram 3500
"farm truck"
Born n' raised Southern IN

B-g-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Sometimes its the instrument panel itself. You can find them reasonably cheap

OP
OP
i_burn_diesel

i_burn_diesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v 5.9
Well it could be but the alternator is not charging the batteries at all which I think would be an indicator of a bad pcm.

-Logan P
1998 5.9 Dodge Ram 3500
"farm truck"
Born n' raised Southern IN