PCV System Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whipplenight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you with whipples on your rams what are you running to combat blow by into the whipple. I had a catch can and a small filter on the whipple intake below the oil cap, but the catch can was filling up extremely fast causing oil to puddle up into the intake. I have since added a Metco breather filter with check valve in place of the oil cap. I was debating on removing the PCV valve and capping off the oil barb filter now that I have the Metco breather. How are you guys running your systems?

8419E41D-46CD-4941-9791-73F5464E243D.jpeg 09B37D4F-2986-4EF8-A031-DA2AF3BA58C0.jpeg

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is a company I believe is called Mighty Mouse catch cans that make larger cans for turbo and supercharged cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I used to run the moroso can but it filled up in less than 500km.

Since then I’ve gone to the Mighty Mouse setup. Bigger can,bigger hoses. PCV valve is built into the can as well as an anti flowback valve. Also the oil fill is now used as the inlet for the PCV valve since it’s a bigger passage. Where whipple has the PCV valve is now used as the breather, you can either hollow out the valve or by a PCV to AN adapter.

Since using the Mighty Mouse setup I might get a few tablespoons in the can in 1000km. Strongly recommend it.

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you post a pic of your catch can set up and routing? I have a Mighty Mouse and there was some oil puddling in my blower when I have the throttle body off today.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I was running a dual can set up. The larger can off the PCV and the smaller off the oil fill vent. My new set up is similar with one can off the PCV and the other off of valve cover breathers, but I don't have any pictures of it yet.
Edit: Ignore the zip tie/tape it was a temporary patch until I could buy another clamp.
IMG-0405.JPG IMG-0404.JPG

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Can you post a pic of your catch can set up and routing? I have a Mighty Mouse and there was some oil puddling in my blower when I have the throttle body off today.

I don’t have any pictures handy.

I have a oil cap to AN adapter where the oil cap is. The. A hose from there to the inlet of the can. Then the outlet goes to the port on driver side of the blower.

MurderHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s easy enough. Where did you buy that oil fill adapter from?

Ashkon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased the srt wild Can for mines and it’s supposed to have the oil fill adaptor.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
6.2 Demon
Watching this. My Whipple is shipping at the end of the month and I'll be needing a set up.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Watching this. My Whipple is shipping at the end of the month and I'll be needing a set up.

Strongly recommend a bigger setup than what most companies offer. When I first had my whipple I was running the Moro so can and it would fill up in 500km. Switched to the Mighty Mouse setup with bigger hoses, and a bigger can. Now I mainly get moisture in the can and don’t even bother checking it before a 1000km.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
6.2 Demon
Strongly recommend a bigger setup than what most companies offer. When I first had my whipple I was running the Moro so can and it would fill up in 500km. Switched to the Mighty Mouse setup with bigger hoses, and a bigger can. Now I mainly get moisture in the can and don’t even bother checking it before a 1000km.
From what I'm reading/researching, seems to be the most popular.

16RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I have a oil cap to AN adapter where the oil cap is. The. A hose from there to the inlet of the can. Then the outlet goes to the port on driver side of the blower.
Any pictures of this yet? Would really like to see it

16RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

When you say port on driver side of the blower do you mean the one connected to the oil fill cap?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There’s a couple ports on the blower for brake booster,PCV,breather ports. The hose from the oil cap goes into a can, then the outlet from the can goes to a port on the blower.