Peragon or BAKFlip VP or G2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 4.7
Guys I'm making a purchase in the morning. I've decided to sleep on it. I'm new to the truck family and the Dodge family. I've been researching for the past two days and I've come down to my last two options.

Peragon Retractable- https://www.peragon.com

or

BAKFlip VP or G2.
BAKFlip VP Tonneau Covers Overview

Now i'm leaning towards the Bakflip...but if i do...what's the big difference between the VP and the G2???

Thanks for the help!

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Go for one of the Bakflips for sure. I had the Peragon on my last truck (2012 1500) and there's a reason there's a Bakflip G2 on my current truck. The Peragon cover looks great but functionality wise it wasn't great. Because it folds down into the front of the bed you couldn't shove things all the way into the bed and expect to open the cover. Multiple times I had to climb into the box under the cover to pull whatever was in there forward so I could open the cover again. With some things that's not so bad but with others it can be very diffcult. I also didn't find the hardware on the cover very good. Within 6 months it was all rusted and not working near as smooth.
I've had the Bakflip G2 on my truck since the week I bought it and it's been great. Looks great and fuctions great. Bakflip is definitely one of the top recommended cover manufacturers in my book.

OP
OP
R

Ram305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 4.7
Go for one of the Bakflips for sure. I had the Peragon on my last truck (2012 1500) and there's a reason there's a Bakflip G2 on my current truck. The Peragon cover looks great but functionality wise it wasn't great. Because it folds down into the front of the bed you couldn't shove things all the way into the bed and expect to open the cover. Multiple times I had to climb into the box under the cover to pull whatever was in there forward so I could open the cover again. With some things that's not so bad but with others it can be very diffcult. I also didn't find the hardware on the cover very good. Within 6 months it was all rusted and not working near as smooth.
I've had the Bakflip G2 on my truck since the week I bought it and it's been great. Looks great and fuctions great. Bakflip is definitely one of the top recommended cover manufacturers in my book.

Thanks for the input. Yea I think I'm leaning heavily toward one of the Bakflips. The video I posted above said the VP was a little more water resistant than the G2. Being in South Florida, we'll get a bunch of rain at any given moment. I like the Peragon but your reason there made a lot of sense.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I know some guys have the Bak and they are very pleased with it. The Undercover Flex is similar to Bak but less pricey.

granite14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500, 4x4, CC, SLT Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My bakflip vp has been good with the NW rains. I like the extra cover over the aluminum, although it's harder to get clean.