Performance Chip?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lolorcaust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know much about performance chips/modules so I'm wanting to know a few things. Are they worth getting? Is there something I should know before buying? Any downsides? For more information.. I have found a JET Performance performance chip/module. My truck is an 08 dodge ram 1500 with a small 3.7L so I'm trying to give it a little more get up and go. Any helpful input is appreciated

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Don't waste your money on the "performance chips", get yourself a programmer.
There are tons of great threads here, try using the search function at the top of the page :D

nathanv3223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I know this is a older thread but I'm just wondering about chipping my truck. I just bought a 2012 ram 2500hd 5.7l hemi gas! Is it possible to chip these? Also recommendations on chips/tuners

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Go tuner not a chip. Superchip are popular. And Diablo. Im sure someone can chime in with model numbers of tuners.

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We sell Superchips at work but usually to the diesel guys since we are a diesel shop. The one that is popular has a multi position switch, we can put a variety of tunes in any of the positions. So what would it do for a gas motor? No idea but it can change the attitude of a diesel majorly in about 2 seconds and back to normal in another 2.
I've actually programmed and re programmed several but have never installed one. The customer is usually very happy.