Performance vs mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Wow! Didn't the Forum Moderator just get rid of an ignorant troll?
The OP asked if there was something to improve performance & mpg NOT power & mpg. The PC does enhance performance & has been proven on the track by members on here. Boomstick obviously does not understand how the PC works & should not comment on something he has no experience with.

OP
OP
Seawri

Seawri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
So pc is fake performance.. Basically letting out the beast in the truck not adding to it. I like the idea of it but not sure if its for me yet.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you read the reviews by members that have this "mod" you should have a pretty good idea of what most people think about the mod and the results they got. It is just one of many mod's that are available for your truck.
Jay

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The OP asked if there was something to improve performance & mpg NOT power & mpg. The PC does enhance performance & has been proven on the track by members on here. Boomstick obviously does not understand how the PC works & should not comment on something he has no experience with.

Is there a link to the thread where it has better track times?

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just throwing it out there Boomstick has a cammed 6.4 powered quadcab Ram 1500. Before the 6.4 he had a Procharger on the 5.7. He knows a pretty good bit. Just worth saying

OP
OP
Seawri

Seawri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
all the pedal commander does is trick the computer into thinking your giving the truck more throttle than you actually are that is all it does period. you can do the same exact thing with your foot for free plain and simple. back to the original question AGAIN power and mpg gain will only com from a tune and letting the truck breath better . all vehicles are more efficient when timing is high running higher octane fuel and are able to get air in and out. tricking the throttle body will never do this ever. the pc does what they say it does i dont deny that but your foot does what you tell it to do oh and again a tuner can turn the response time up too

from my note 8

I agree. Ill have to look else where for performance. I may be researching tuning pretty soon also. I have heard it is quite expensive. What would you consider for helping the truck breathe?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'd like to see the reaction time differences with and with-out the pc,from the guys running the pc at the track.

boomstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree. Ill have to look else where for performance. I may be researching tuning pretty soon also. I have heard it is quite expensive. What would you consider for helping the truck breathe?
so i decided to come back just for giggles. but if your budget allows it i would get a custom tune from whoever you choose. i use jay greene. then if your still not satisfied then i would go 1 3/4 headers catless with a strait through type muffler. with this setup i went from 14-15 in the city to 17-18 and 21 on the hwy to 24-25 with a 8 speed 3.92 if you want better throttle response then use the tuner to turn it up

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

boomstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes he asked what improves performance and mpg and the pedal commander is not either of those. it might be a enhancer at best .

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you bought a new Ram, and now think it's time to start saving a few pennies on gas, I have bad news for you.

There's only one way to save moola on gas: drive less and drive slow.

But the better thing to do is hold your nose, and look the other way when it comes to fuel economy. Or you can do what a lot of guys here do, just lie to yourself and every one else. Lol. It just isn't worth it. Enjoy your new truck.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diablo sport itune or trinity(that means tuner and ecu)......just use can tunes till you get all your mods then buy custom tune......As for ex,dont bother with cat back ya get no real gains...I dont personally have headers but if you want gains at all get some long tubes,replace the y pipe and then cat back if you wish.....Also gonna need intake to help with ex so theres a throttle body and and i hate to say one of them so called cold air intakes(may do a lil)or you can do air box mod and save a few hundy..

Once ya get all that then get a custom tune...You will gain some hp/tq but depending how heavy your foot is will decide your mpg.......If your worried about mpg,buy an electric car...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If this keeps going like this I think this thread will disappear. Let's talk about mod's and parts and not about each other------Please
Jay

boomstick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmmm
a4fbdc467d2c7abeda638738e0c02119.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--you might see a little quicker 60ft. time, but I'm not so sure about 1/8 or 1/4 times----I doubt it.
Jay

OP
OP
Seawri

Seawri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
Im leaning towards a tuner as a good start on my truck. Now lets talk about which brand i need? Hypertech, bully dog, edge, diablo??

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Im leaning towards a tuner as a good start on my truck. Now lets talk about which brand i need? Hypertech, bully dog, edge, diablo??
I've read great reviews from Diablo and Hemifever.