Phone notification volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killing4food

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix my problem...

Whenever I receive a text message it says "new message from ____" with the volume at 15. I turn down volume to 1 when it talks, then if I receive another text, volume goes back up to 15.

If I lower navigation volume it stays low. Only my text notification volume keeps resetting with every text received.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
When the phone rings in my truck I try to turn down the volume. Same problem- get the volume set and next time it rings still the same loud volume. I've tried everything to keep it set and it always goes back to being loud.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And this is on the Uconnect? Have you tried turning the notification volume down on your phone? I don't
know if that will make a difference, but might be worth a shot.

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I know mine does it too. *BLING!!!* Scares the crap out of me every time. LOL.

I think that's it. Turn down the volume on your phone. I never remember to do this.

Stitches

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think what CT said might be the solution you can also do what i do and just tell your phone that when it connects to your uconnect to go into do not disturb mode and block notifications. with a bit of tinkering you can get it to allow certain things though an example it'll block all texts or app messages i get but if i get a phone call from a couple people it will let them through i do i that way because those few people would only call me in an emergency and are the few people id go out of my way to help lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Killing4food

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 hemi
Id hate to not get notifications just to fix loud messages. My phone is always on vibrate and media volume typically muted