PIC REQUEST: New Tires with stock wheels, or Stock tires with new wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ottoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'm looking at upgrading the rolling gear of my truck.. but change both wheels and tires together might be a little too hefty for the wallet at the moment

my dilemma:

it's brand new
I live on the other end of the globe
not many other vehicles to sell on to. so it will sit in the garage

Shipping wheels isn't so bad, shipping tires is a fortune. (local selection is limited as well)

a.) I was contemplating Buying some nice wheels from the states and swapping out the stock rims and keeping the same tires.. (much cheaper solution) and then down the road in the future I can swap out to meatier rubber if I feel the need. (but then it means i'm sticking with 17's for the Long Term)

b.) stock rims with Meaty rubber, it'll cost a little more vs wheels but will make a more dramatic effect in the look of the truck especially coupled with a levelling kit.

c.) I can't decide what color wheels would look good on the truck.. Matte black is out.. I was thinking silver/chrome/grey etc..

seems RCSB's are a rare sight around these parts... so I'm lookin for some ideas

so does anyone have any pics of the SLT wheels on new rubber OR stock rubber with new wheels? or other suggestions

11960366466_d9a71f9458_o.jpg

thanks!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Or you could buy the larger up scaled stock rims with the tires included.

Lots of guys have the stockers changed out when they come in from the factory.

I was kind of in a bind, needed new tires, but couldn't wait. Emergency job I had to get to. The next day and highways were getting closed.

I went from 20" Chrome Clads on my 2010 Sport to 20" Aluminum 2013 Wheels and tires.

The whole bit. center caps, TPMS, lugs, tires with 18 km's on them. The white lettering still had the blue on them.

That's another option. Check the for sale section here.

These are the new ones.

Attachments

• $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
O

ottoman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah I was thinking of that as an option as well... but those are dependant on luck (generally I have little of that)

on a side note I used to live in Ft. McMurray back in the day... nice to see another Alberton!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
yeah I was thinking of that as an option as well... but those are dependant on luck (generally I have little of that)

on a side note I used to live in Ft. McMurray back in the day... nice to see another Alberton!

No kidding?

Ft.Mac has grown. I was there just last year for a Shutdown at Syncrude.

Towns just exploded... but it's still the same place. Worse with more people

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like those stock rims. You could try plastidip on them to see color changes. Or pull them and have them chromed or powder coated……….

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ive been wondering myself.

Im figuring ill keep the stockers for winters and throw good winter tires on.

Throwing around the idea of some 22's on some nitto's for summer. But then I kinda want some 17's for thje track too....hmm..tooooo many decisions.