Picking a nerf bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 07 Ram standard cab is at stock height but I am short and getting out has caused a real problem. As I reach for the ground with my foot, my jeans often snag on the seat side shield, the piece of plastic that holds the power seat switch and back rest lever. I broke and replaced it once. That sucker is 100 bucks. I snagged it again and plastic welded it back together. I just snagged it again. Before I blow another 100 bucks, I am looking for a better solution. With a nerf bar I hope I can avoid sliding over the edge of the seat. I have never had a nerf bar or running board. I prefer the look of a nerf bar but I am not sure the step area is in the right spot On a running board you can step anywhere but I have never liked the look. I read on a dealer site that nerf bars often stick out further, which I think would be a good thing. I also wonder if a 4"oval works better than a 3" round. I have been looking at Westin but am open to suggestions. Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have no clue what there is for SC trucks as far as nerfs but i will say N-FAB has about the crappiest quality powder coater and clearly they dont have a quality control, at least from my experience with both there nerfs and there bumper. i actually had to blast and recoat my bumper before install it was peeling on arrival and same with the nerfs. Just a heads up lol

OP
OP
J

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i have no clue what there is for SC trucks as far as nerfs but i will say N-FAB has about the crappiest quality powder coater and clearly they dont have a quality control, at least from my experience with both there nerfs and there bumper. i actually had to blast and recoat my bumper before install it was peeling on arrival and same with the nerfs. Just a heads up lol
I am going with stainless, no matter what I get, so I should not have to deal with rust or bad powder coating. I will probably hit some local dealers to see what is out there. Most stuff is available for standard cab. That does not seem to be a problem. I have seen that plastic side piece referred to as "the infamous side shield", so I am probably not the first one to break it. It is attached to the seat base so it stays put when the seat moves. That means it cannot be a tight fit to the seat and it is easy to snag the top edge. Bad design.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
O gotcha, ok cool then I would consider N-FAB in that case lol. Products are great, just horrid powder coat jobs on there powdered products. But many options to choose from out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk