Plastic DRW plastic chrome center caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCBray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD HO
Anyone ever have an issue with loosing the plastic chrome center cap on a DRW? New truck with 1200 miles on it and one of the dually chrome center caps must have flew off. We had the same plastic chrome caps on our 2018 and never lost one. In fact I like to never got them off when I removed the tires to put air bags on it.

I am assuming this is a dealer part.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Maybe get them to replace it under warranty?? You could claim it wasn't put on correctly because the dealership prep ppl are the ones who install the caps prior to sale.

Blue Mule

OP
OP
OCBray

OCBray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD HO
All they can say is no. We bought the truck a few weeks ago while we are wintering in Florida. Came home for the holidays and we must have lost it in one of the ten thousand pot holes on the road.

I know they are on there pretty good because on our 2018 I like to never got them to come off. This is our first dually. I wasn’t sure if they didn’t fit as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. Happy holidays.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I lost one off the front wheel on the drive home from the dealer. They replaced it free the next day. I have found that they’re very easy to remove if they’re not on 100%. If you have them on properly they won’t come off... and we have some big potholes here, too.

OP
OP
OCBray

OCBray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD HO
I round one online and ordered it. It showed up yesterday and tried to put it on. After 2 hour of beating on it followed by cursing and then a few beverages. I decided to use some of my redneck engineering skills and made a trapezoid out of scrap lumber. Success. While holding the center cap and the 2x4 jig I had the wife smack it with a 5lb hammer.

I’m pretty sure the dealer did not go to that extreme. Which is why it probably fell off in the first place.

Well ol Jlo has her earring back on. Along with some mud flaps. Wife named the truck Jlo because she says it has a nice looking back end.

Happy new year cheers.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine have been off a couple of times over the years. Didnt think they were that hard to put back on. Havent lost one as of yet from just driving locally, guess our pot holes arent big enough.