Please help LED PWM harness question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swindog01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HI,

I've done numerous searches and cannot find the exact answer to this question. I am upgrading my halogens on 2017 1500 with projectors. I'm going with bulbs from Headlight Revolution. Their kits come with anti-flicker/pwm harnesses. If I am using AlphaOBD to update my settings to use LEDs with projectors (per the instructions on this site), do I need the anti-flicker/PWM harnesses or do I just order the bulbs? I spoke to two different people at Headlight Revolution and one said I didn't need them and the other said I did.

I don't currently have DLRs enabled but I plan on enabling them low for low beams if that makes a difference.

Thanks
John

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
HI,

I've done numerous searches and cannot find the exact answer to this question. I am upgrading my halogens on 2017 1500 with projectors. I'm going with bulbs from Headlight Revolution. Their kits come with anti-flicker/pwm harnesses. If I am using AlphaOBD to update my settings to use LEDs with projectors (per the instructions on this site), do I need the anti-flicker/PWM harnesses or do I just order the bulbs? I spoke to two different people at Headlight Revolution and one said I didn't need them and the other said I did.

I don't currently have DLRs enabled but I plan on enabling them low for low beams if that makes a difference.

Thanks
John
You should not need them if you set it in AlfaOBD. Most set the LED to yes and the HID Present option to yes too. This should disable the truck's PWM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357