Please help me identify this random part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MsJiggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.2
Hello everyone. I recently bought an automatic dodge ram sport, 1500
After purchasing this truck and driving it home I had noticed it didnt want to shift into second gear (rpms where going into the 4k range). My uncle did a some research and discovered it was some what normal, and we are hoping it isnt the transmission going out.
Sooo we orderd what he says is a transducer pressure solenoid and he switched it out last weekend, But he had found this random part sitting in the bottom of the "pan" (what the pan is i dont know, transmission pan?) nobody seems to know what it is, he asked friends that are more familiar with dodges then he is and they have no idea what it is.. figures! XD

Anyways.. ill attach the pictures. I hope I have given enough info. any help is appreciated! I just want to drive my baby already :(

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
  • thing2.jpg
    thing2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 54

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Im not entirely sure what its called but its not good to drive it with that out... Ive seen it when my trans band went out... i think it helps hold pressure on the band to keep the right tension on it... hope someone else will chime in with more info

OP
OP
M

MsJiggles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.2
Thank you guys! appreciate the information. Another question; is this something that we would have to pull the transmission out or can it be reached from the top? Or maybe I have i no idea what I'm talking about :)
My uncle will be working on this when he has the time and I am trying to make this easier for him since he is unfamiliar with dodges. He thinks he has to go under and pull it all out to find where it goes. Im not doubting his skills, hes just a busy guy with more things to worry about.

BBartow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum
It shouldn't be too bad, you'd have to drop the valve body to put it back though. This isn't the first time I've seen this so there might be a step-by-step on a forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat