Please help me locate this gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regcabsplz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
Hello. I am working on replacing a few leaky gaskets in my 5.9. so I was watching a tutorial video on the timing chain gasket in particular and this guy has a rubber gasket instead of a paper one. after my fel-pro gasket set arrived mine was paper as well, so I checked the common auto part stores, amazon, rock-auto, summit racing, and no one seems to have it in rubber.

You can see his gasket in this video at 19:35

after getting this far I would like to use a rubber gasket instead of the usual paper one since I know they’re failure prone.

I don’t mind paying extra for something that lasts so if anyone knows where I can get one I’d really appreciate it

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Hello. I am working on replacing a few leaky gaskets in my 5.9. so I was watching a tutorial video on the timing chain gasket in particular and this guy has a rubber gasket instead of a paper one. after my fel-pro gasket set arrived mine was paper as well, so I checked the common auto part stores, amazon, rock-auto, summit racing, and no one seems to have it in rubber.

You can see his gasket in this video at 19:35

after getting this far I would like to use a rubber gasket instead of the usual paper one since I know they’re failure prone.

I don’t mind paying extra for something that lasts so if anyone knows where I can get one I’d really appreciate it
It is not an easy find several part numbers show up but nothing identical to what is in the video.
TCS45790

TCS45996

T27787
this is the only single gasket listed without other engine gaskets but it only seems to be coated not a true composite gasket
MAHLE Original T27787 Engine Timing Cover Gasket
https://a.co/d/eIp5g94

Is listed as a conversion kit but lists the TC gasket and is made by Ajusa which is a reliable aftermarket manufacturer of quality engine gaskets.

If I really wanted a decent gasket I would buy a 1/16 sheet of buna or nitrile on ebay and use a paper gasket for a template and cut it myself.
I could not find viton sheet the correct dimensions for under $50 US

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Felpro PermaDry TCS 45952
Timing cover set
FEL-PRO TCS 45952 Timing Cover Gasket Set