please help ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigtime 1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I have a 2019 2500 limited lifted with 4 inch pro comp lift and started hearing a clunking noise when I go over a bump uneven ground what can cause this ? I have never heard anything like it before

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Soon after the lift or quite awhile?
First check Cab mounts, make sure they are tight, been known issue in prior years.
next, check UCA and shocks/struts. They might have installed incorrectly adn you are now getting strut movement at top of strut.

let us know

OP
OP
B

Bigtime 1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
it was soon after the lift was installed . would the cab mounts loosed from a suspension lift?

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
it was soon after the lift was installed . would the cab mounts loosed from a suspension lift?
Most likely it’s something that was installed, I’d retorque any bolt that was touched when installing that new suspension. Were the sway bar end links replaced with extended ones?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yup. The shop that did my lift had me come back after 500 miles for a complete retorque and check.

OP
OP
B

Bigtime 1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
So figured out what it was it was my rear spring coil hitting the frame of the truck just need to rotate it to clear and should be good to go but I do need to go get the 500 mile tighten done so thank you all for your guidance I appreciate it !!

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
So figured out what it was it was my rear spring coil hitting the frame of the truck just need to rotate it to clear and should be good to go but I do need to go get the 500 mile tighten done so thank you all for your guidance I appreciate it !!

THANK YOU!!
Only 9 Posts, just 9 and kind enough to return with your Findings and, possibly, just possibly, Help countless Others, for years down the road.

Well DOne!
That's what this FOrum is all about and glad you found it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Curious to know did you see marks on the frame where the spring was making contact? Or did the shop that installed it find the issue and notify you of their findings?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Glad you found the problem and like @gofishn said, appreciate you coming back with the solution.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Awesome, yes a good re torque is a good confidence builder.

OP
OP
B

Bigtime 1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I got under it and looked at everything and seen the coil on the passenger side was against the frame and then had someone bounce on the back of the truck and seen it was hitting it and making the noise I did call the shop who installed it and they will adjust the coil and or replace if needed to correct the problem