Votes: 15 30.6%
  • 26-35

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • 36-45

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • 46-Dead

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsq789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I like a loud truck but has to have good tone. On a souped up v8 straight pipes sound good!

RamSport13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 74 Dodge Dart Sport with a slightly built 318, 3 speed on the floor back in the 80's that had dual straight pipes out the rear. When it started up, it sounded like 2 cannons going off, but then calmed to a great rumble. Normal driving it sounded great, but if you got on it, the monster came out and you could hear it for 8 blocks.

I've never been able to recreate that type of jekyll and hyde exhaust in any of my other vehicles.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm 27 going on 65 and I dislike how loud my truck is with longtubes and a 14" Magnaflow dumped at the bumper. It has a really nice deep raspy tone, but it's too loud. Just draws too much unneeded attention when I'm trying to have fun on the street.

HolyRamBatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Loud is a description to something that doesn't sound good. If it sounds good, turn it up.
I would love loud exhaust but at 5 am sneaking out of the neighborhood might be hard without ******* off someone. I don't care but I'm not a DI*K, The ability to be one would be nice.
I go with quiet exhaust and cut out. I'm 40 I want choices on the fly.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I may be the oldest guy to comment thus far. I'm closer to 46 than to dead, but you get the idea.

I like dual exhaust and a nice little rumble--no blappity-blap. The stock dual exhaust is too quiet for me, and when I grow up and have enough pennies saved I'll probably go with the 24" mufflex.

I had a neighbor with a recent model GTO with either muffler delete of some noise maker exhaust. Guy was scary wierd (loved to brag about how many ways the Army had taught him to kill someone--I figure a psycho poser with a section 8) so I never asked him what he had for exhaust. Either way he'd start at 0530 in the morning and every window in the house would rattle and echo off the surrounding buildings and trees.
My point? As HolyRamBatman alluded to above^^, you can go too far in search of loud exhaust.

If he hadn't moved, I know a couple of the neighbors were ready to buy shingle nails and liberally sprinkle his driveway.

Last edited:

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 31, and my current 14" maggie is a little too loud for my taste. I am thinking about switching to a 24" maggie here soon, but keep my cutout. i like the cutout open while cruising around town, but i want it quiet on the highway. i just like to hear it when i step on it.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
YEP, on a DD I am all about subdued sound. My G8 has the stock manifolds and just a cat back Magnaflow system on it because I drive 95% highway and I don't want to hear it all the time. When it stops being my DD, I plan to install the Corsa exhaust I have for it and put long tubes on as well as motor work. I just like semi quiet when I'm using it everyday.

The 24" does it for me on the RAM. It's got a deep tone that's un-mistakingly V8. It's what I consider perfect for my needs.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
26 and love loud exhaust as long as it sounds good. Its same for loud stereos if it sounds like **** turn it down if its crystal clear turn it up till your ears bleed. lol

Pushrod91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to think the straight pipe sound was Cool. Then on the bronco I bought it was headers and a magnaflow bullet muffler. (Basicly a straight pipe) I hated it. Lol. Man I'm getting old. 39

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I like my loud exhaust cutout but now want it more quiet lol maybe once I do my full exhaust with the LT's I have a nice mellow deep sounding exhaust but still run cutouts for an open header sound for ocassianal fun

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Im 22 and i like the the loudness of staight pipes but some times it causes too much attention. I got used to it.

DublDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Sport CC
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm 43 and although I don't think the stock is quite loud enough, I'm definitely NOT a fan of straight pipes, or very loud exhaust....Just a little louder than stock is just right for me.

Xtreme545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 29 and my dodm80 should arrive Thursday, so I guess I like it on the louder side.

Sent from rock using chisel and hammer

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Love it loud if it sounds good... on someone else's truck... as long as it is before 9 PM. Guess I'm getting old... :(

TXCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm 36, and like the lower/deeper tone and quieter on the hwy. I'm running the mag24 now. There may be a borla catback in my future tho.

But I do get what the loud-crew likes about it. When I had/installed headers on my Ram SRT a couple of years ago, I started it to see how it sounded just dumping the headers. It was INSANE!!! So naturally I had to drive it around a bit. Got all kinds of looks, some good, most not good, but I couldnt wipe the grin off my face to save my life! The reverb when letting off the gas was just as wicked as the wot scream. Sounded and felt awesome!... just not everyday awesome :)

sounded allot like this without the cam lope

Last edited:

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 31, and think I'm finally getting to the point where I can appreciate peace and quiet. I live in a subdivision, and when I had my Ram with the Magnaflow, I felt bad using remote start at 5AM in the winter time. Everything seems loud as hell early in the morning. My new truck is whisper quiet, and I think I might keep it that way.

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
I recently put straight pipes true dual with 6" tips on my 96 dodge ram and every time I floor it I just wanna kill myself lol its too loud and I hate it. Hence is why its fixing to go back in the exhaust shop again lol.......

I know I need to up date y'all on my mods lol

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm 43 and although I don't think the stock is quite loud enough, I'm definitely NOT a fan of straight pipes, or very loud exhaust....Just a little louder than stock is just right for me.

Sounds like a magnaflow 24" would be perfect for you then.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
For anyone on here who has gone the straight pipe route, how long of a pipe would I need to replace the muffler with? I only have the single exit exhaust anyways so a y pipe is not needed. I figured if would clamp it n since it is a lease and put the muffler back in to turn it in... Or if I decided it is too loud I can put the muffler back in and save up for a magnaflow.