Pop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Npc1193

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having some issues with my truck. 2004 ram 1500 4.7. I was drive acceleration pretty hard on the on ramp heard a loud backfire and the engine shut off. Now I crank it it starts, however not every single turn of the key tho but it gets no oil pressure the gauge moves I like literally a millimeter after I start it and it sounds cammed. It has a new sensor brand new plugs, coils, oil, and oil filter.

Last edited:

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So you heard a loud pop and now the engine will crank and start sometimes and then it will crank without starting sometimes?

Do you hear any knocking noises coming from the engine?

If the gauge is showing zero oil pressure it is time for some easy diagnostics. Get your hands on a mechanical oil pressure gauge and connect it in the same location of the oil pressure sending unit.

Did the check engine light come on? If so, have you connected a scan tool to the truck to see what DTC's were set?

Pull the plugs out and inspect them for damage.

With the spark plugs already removed, perform a compression test to make sure the cylinders are still intact. Record the results from the compression test and go from there.