Portable Tire Inflator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I've got a cheap Chinesium plug-in one my mother-in-law gave me many, many years ago that I keep in the truck all the time.

If I'm going on a longer trip I grab the 20v Dewalt portable pump. It'll air up 4 truck tires from 34psi - 50 psi and 6 (2 spares) trailer tires from the mid 40 psi range to 65 psi on a single battery charge.
I have had the cheapo SLIME models
for years and they work great !

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the slime plug in, but just use the Ryobi or Ridgid battery operated ones now.

Travel kit consists of Ridgid Impact Wrench, led light, tire inflator and sockets with 2 4AH batteries in a zippered drill/driver case. Also a bottle jack and 18"x18"x 0.5" carbon fiber piece to place on the ground under the jack.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Burned up 2 of 3 Slime compressors I can remember.

I have good amount of Ryobi tools so I got this small compressor at first, works great for cars (~36psi) and will get it to 65 but takes a long time

then they have a special going on and I stepped up. Faster to 65, and the best part, you set the pressure you want and it shuts off when it hits it. Working with my bro-in-law moving mobile homes, it takes a bit to get to 80 but it will. The only thing is that it has the screw on connector. The other one has the level lock and IMO, is a better setup. After seeing Badger's post, I located a Slime version at AutoZone

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have a kit but do not know where it is lol.. I really like the one you posted ,, Thanks for the link,, Ill get on for my travel kit
I grabbed an ARB plug kit and threw it in a small orange case marked TIRE STUFF and put it under the rear seat. Threw in some extra plugs, some valve caps, got a few more things on the list like a valve stem tool and a valve stem or two.

1701455430500.png

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I grabbed an ARB plug kit and threw it in a small orange case marked TIRE STUFF and put it under the rear seat. Threw in some extra plugs, some valve caps, got a few more things on the list like a valve stem tool and a valve stem or two.

View attachment 532639
I like your storage box :)
I have a couple of the plastic cases as we speak :)
I went to metal cans for my ammo, But now a use for the plastic ones lol Thanks

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like your storage box :)
I have a couple of the plastic cases as we speak :)
I went to metal cans for my ammo, But now a use for the plastic ones lol Thanks
I like this one because it's smaller than the 30 cal size so it fits in the underseat storage very well.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Now those are pretty cool ! And not a bad price either !
Have you been able to use them and see how they work first hand ?
Thanks
I've been using them every week in the summer for the past 5 years,lol.The wife and i drag race the toys,and our local track is 155 miles away,so the jacks get used every week to swap tires at the track on both her Challenger and my truck.I originally bought 1,after using it a couple times,i bought 2 more and 1 is in each of the vehicles.These make tire swaps at the track a piece of cake
I didn't buy the versions with the impact,as they weren't really available when i bought mine,but they claim the impact is good for 420 nm or roughly 310 lb-ft,so it should loosen most wheel nuts pretty easily

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I air up and down all 4 tires at the same time with the Jeep and it proved to be too much for my VIAIR 400P portable compressor. In fact, it suffered a catastrophic failure with blown apart valves, a scored piston and a trashed cylinder wall.

So, after some review and research I selected a Morrflate TenSix PSI Pro dual cylinder unit. It will air up all 4 of my tires from 15 pounds to 35 pounds in just a little bit over 4 minutes. I built my own 4-way inflate/deflate system.

MORRFlate_Compressor_PSI_Pro_03.jpg

20231006_120725.jpg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I air up and down all 4 tires at the same time with the Jeep and it proved to be too much for my VIAIR 400P portable compressor. In fact, it suffered a catastrophic failure with blown apart valves, a scored piston and a trashed cylinder wall.

So, after some review and research I selected a Morrflate TenSix PSI Pro dual cylinder unit. It will air up all 4 of my tires from 15 pounds to 35 pounds in just a little bit over 4 minutes. I built my own 4-way inflate/deflate system.

View attachment 532666

View attachment 532667
Your inflate/deflate system you made is it the hose with a valve ? Thanks

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I've been using them every week in the summer for the past 5 years,lol.The wife and i drag race the toys,and our local track is 155 miles away,so the jacks get used every week to swap tires at the track on both her Challenger and my truck.I originally bought 1,after using it a couple times,i bought 2 more and 1 is in each of the vehicles.These make tire swaps at the track a piece of cake
I didn't buy the versions with the impact,as they weren't really available when i bought mine,but they claim the impact is good for 420 nm or roughly 310 lb-ft,so it should loosen most wheel nuts pretty easily
Well you just are going to make me spend more $$$$ on my RAM now lol
I just like a good travel kit !
Just had a new differential put in a E Brake cable and a couple other things and that nailed my 6k$ :O ,so letting cash catch up
Had a couple errors w/the TPMS so going to order 4 sensors from Benny !
Got to have my toys and tools lol

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well you just are going to make me spend more $$$$ on my RAM now lol
I just like a good travel kit !
Just had a new differential put in a E Brake cable and a couple other things and that nailed my 6k$ :O ,so letting cash catch up
Had a couple errors w/the TPMS so going to order 4 sensors from Benny ! Got to have my toys and tools lol
You can never have too many tools :waytogo: :Big Laugh:
I even use the 12 volt jacks at home,instead of dragging out one of my floor jacks,lol.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500