power fold mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Swapping modules and switches doesn't get you anything because you can't change the BCM configuration. If your truck is setup for power fold it will have the BCM config, the door modules, and the switch needed for power fold. If it didn't come with power fold, there's nothing you can do to add it (right now).

Thanks for the info, I am certainly leaning towards trying this knowing that. Having to find a dealer would still be involved to get them to work properly though?

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Has anyone done this and what is the cost for all parts except mirrors. Also any pics of the install

beans20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok gents, well I got my hands on a set of '16 power fold tow mirrors...... The result is everything works like it should except the mirror doesn't recognize when it's in the tow position. So once I get the chance I'll be taking it to the dealer to see if they can put in the '16 sales code. If the worst thing is that I have to use opposite buttons to set the mirror while in the tow position, I'll take it!! So needless to say I have a set of sport mirrors for sale with power fold, auto dim, puddle lights, heat and blinkers available.

16ramsportjc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok gents, well I got my hands on a set of '16 power fold tow mirrors...... The result is everything works like it should except the mirror doesn't recognize when it's in the tow position. So once I get the chance I'll be taking it to the dealer to see if they can put in the '16 sales code. If the worst thing is that I have to use opposite buttons to set the mirror while in the tow position, I'll take it!! So needless to say I have a set of sport mirrors for sale with power fold, auto dim, puddle lights, heat and blinkers available.

Soooooo much reading.

I do not like my manual tow mirror. I have a 16 sport 1500.

Who or what or how do I get the power folding sport mirrors (white), and get them flashed to match the truck?

Pm me, reply or email me. Jcookie1984 at gmail dot com

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beans20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok so I had the dealer flash the truck for the mirrors to work properly when in the tow position and they work!!!!! So I have '16 mirrors on my '13 with no issues!

Cezhed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Obviously Ram/ Chrysler have realized the issue, 2015 and up they have a fix or kit or something so guys can change mirrors anything before 2015 we are out of luck, unless you know a hacker or engineer, Siruls got lucky by the sounds of things.

What fix or kit I've been talking to FCA for awhile and no one said anything about a fix.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello, I was wondering if you could tell me if it would be the same to add power folding mirrors to my truck as well. And what I would need to do to add them. Thank you for your help. I have a 2016 RAM 2500 with the heated mirrors with puddle and turn signals

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Flash BCM

anyone had a dealer locally be able to add sales codes not normally in their truck? like the problem the guy had at the start of this post, his 2013 did have LER, one of the codes needed for folding, like LEC and LEB for puddle lights and turn signal lights.

I added proximity and keyless go to my 14 and need GXD and GX4 added if anyone has a contact i am willing to pay.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
update

Fail, After buying all the parts and paying the dealer twice I was unable to get power folding to work on my mirrors, I have a 2013 Longhorn that had tow mirrors, I bought power folding mirrors from a 2013, I bought the proper door modules and switch from Chrysler parts so everything is OEM and for a 2013.
Dealer tried twice to change sales codes at my cost. I spent a small fortune and they still dont work. I called Chrysler and they wont help, all I got from them is "sorry about your luck" Now I am thinking about an external switch, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the input.
Thanks you

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, screw that, you call Chrysler customer service and you get a full refund.
I had a similar situation with a proximity setup, i bought all the parts from the dealer and paid them to update the codes and at the last minute they could not. I was out 1700.00 and got a full refund for parts and their time. Its still all installed and i want to add the codes to make it work, but if they cannot make it work you get all your money back and they cannot touch your truck to remove anything. It took me 3 weeks ******** at the dealer who said F off, and 2 calls to customer service and refund check arrived.

jwndriver14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fail, After buying all the parts and paying the dealer twice I was unable to get power folding to work on my mirrors, I have a 2013 Longhorn that had tow mirrors, I bought power folding mirrors from a 2013, I bought the proper door modules and switch from Chrysler parts so everything is OEM and for a 2013.
Dealer tried twice to change sales codes at my cost. I spent a small fortune and they still dont work. I called Chrysler and they wont help, all I got from them is "sorry about your luck" Now I am thinking about an external switch, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate the input.
Thanks you
I did this a couple weeks ago. Dealer was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, not knowing what to do. I told them what to do a couple times but they didn't listen. Finally after they were out of options I told the foreman to call his tech advisor and tell him that I switched the mirrors and door modules and that they would need to change the door module part numbers to the ones I put on there now. After changing the part numbers the sales codes would work to be added. I gave him the part numbers for the modules which he gave to his tech advisor, they were on the phone for a couple of minutes and that's all it took. He said his tech advisor would update the part numbers and then I should come back in. Took it back in a couple days later, he added the codes, and everything worked just fine. Costed me around $85.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dude, screw that, you call Chrysler customer service and you get a full refund.
I had a similar situation with a proximity setup, i bought all the parts from the dealer and paid them to update the codes and at the last minute they could not. I was out 1700.00 and got a full refund for parts and their time. Its still all installed and i want to add the codes to make it work, but if they cannot make it work you get all your money back and they cannot touch your truck to remove anything. It took me 3 weeks ******** at the dealer who said F off, and 2 calls to customer service and refund check arrived.

Bought all the parts myself through work to get the discount, installed them myself to save some money then went to the dealer to change the codes.
So they said no refunds, they said if I asked them beforehand they would have told me it couldn't be done. Seems it has something to do with the 2013 model, so they say.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did this a couple weeks ago. Dealer was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, not knowing what to do. I told them what to do a couple times but they didn't listen. Finally after they were out of options I told the foreman to call his tech advisor and tell him that I switched the mirrors and door modules and that they would need to change the door module part numbers to the ones I put on there now. After changing the part numbers the sales codes would work to be added. I gave him the part numbers for the modules which he gave to his tech advisor, they were on the phone for a couple of minutes and that's all it took. He said his tech advisor would update the part numbers and then I should come back in. Took it back in a couple days later, he added the codes, and everything worked just fine. Costed me around $85.

I'm told it is because it is a 2013, they dont know much around here (Toronto Canada area) Calling Chrysler and a few emails with them, they were no help.

jwndriver14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm told it is because it is a 2013, they dont know much around here (Toronto Canada area) Calling Chrysler and a few emails with them, they were no help.
You could try calling a different dealership in the states maybe and see if they could call Chrysler about changing the part numbers. Also tell them to give you the sales codes. I don't know if it's different in Canada but it was LER sales code over here.

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you think this dealer would add more codes for 85.00 each>? or can you get it done for that if we pay you>? I had a connect for about 3 years but she works for the state now and no one knows how to add codes via WIC or any tech dept. now.

Pace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could try calling a different dealership in the states maybe and see if they could call Chrysler about changing the part numbers. Also tell them to give you the sales codes. I don't know if it's different in Canada but it was LER sales code over here.

I gave them that code, I actually took a print out from this forum from one of the guys that had it done and he listed all the parts and codes needed and gave it to them on my second visit. They tried and tried and phoned the tech dept at Chrysler themselves, that is when they told me it was because it is a 2013.

jwndriver14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
you think this dealer would add more codes for 85.00 each>? or can you get it done for that if we pay you>? I had a connect for about 3 years but she works for the state now and no one knows how to add codes via WIC or any tech dept. now.
I'm not sure if it would work. They might be able to change the part numbers but to actually put in the sales codes they have to hook up to your truck.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go to OBD Genie's website they state that the tool to add the sales code for the power fold mirrors for the 13 and up rams is in development. I would think it should be out soon.

bloup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The document below lists all of the mirror parts, that hang on the outside of your truck. You will have to reference the sales codes to decipher which parts you need. Keep in mind, you'll still need the door modules, listed earlier. Also, verify that you do have the requisite wires, by using the techauthority page I linked earlier.

Mirror Parts
Sales Codes
Hello can you help me validate if my truck has the power fold wiring for standard mirrors? I followed the link to the wiring diagrams but it's not available anymore.
I have a 2017 Sports with Black RAM 1500 Sport Group, Comfort Group, Convenience Group and TOW Group with factory TOW mirrors and looking to install the standard sports mirrors. I have someone with a 2014 Sport with standard powered, heated, directional light, night light, auto dim and power fold. He's willing to swap the mirrors, both door modules and driver door switch with me. I'm having a hard time finding a web site that I can cross reference to validate if the 2014 parts will be compatible with the 2017.
I already have the 2013 mirrors in hand and took off my driver door panel to compare and look a the module. At first glance the 2017 module does not have the 2 required pins in the black connector socket #2. I'm assuming those are for power folding as indicated by another member in this thread.
The second possible issue I noticed is the white connector #1 have different cable pinout. I may just need to remap the wires to the proper hole.
2014 L mirror (P)5RR791X8AA black painted
2014 R mirror (P)5RR781X8AA black painted

If the 2014 parts are not compatible here is plan B:
I have modules:
right 68225100AC
left 68225101AC
dealer says I need these parts plus LER code if they can figure out programming the ECM.
Mirroir gauche 5RR791XRAH = 995$
Mirroir droit 5XY521XRAD = 453$
SWITCH PORTE 56046826AE = 164$
MODULE PORTE DROIT 68225102AC = 96.30
MODULE PORTE GAUCHE 68225103AC = 170$

Thank you

2017-L-mirror-white-connector-2.jpg

2014-L-mirror-white-connector-1.jpg

2017-L-mirror-black-connector-socket-1.jpg