Power folding mirrors not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just bought a 2016 2500 Laramie last week. Before that, Ive been driving a 2007 Sport since 2009.

I'm having an issue with my folding tow mirrors. They don't fold or extend. I cant find a fuse for them, so I guess that means a switch issue? Theyre factory installed, switch on the driver door. Anyone have any ideas?

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My first guess would be the switch. I’d try to find someone with the power fold mirrors and ask if I could pop the switch in to check if that fixes it. It would be like a 1 minute swap. If that does not work, it would probably be a door module. I’m not sure if an easy way to check the modules, other than swapping them out. Again, not a hard job but you do have to remove the door panel.

OP
OP
M

Matt917

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
If it were the door module, would the other switches on the panel work? The mirrors are able to be electronically moved (up and down and what not), they just wont fold in. Thanks for the response.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Just a thought, given that you bought it used, are you absolutely certain that the mirrors are the power folding ones? The truck may have had regular power folding mirrors from the factory and had them replaced with manual folding tow mirrors at some point. I'd run the VIN through the equipment list web site and see what it came with.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

-K