Power Prob 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone else have this tool? any issues or things not to do with it?

67shawnw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
I run a class 8 truck garage and about half of the techs use these. I use mine all the time. you have a power button ground button, and a spare ground wire off of unit. It also shows voltage. There is a internal breaker in it so you don't melt wires. If you do a lot of electrical work it is a must have.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
holy **** that is a cool tool. I was contemplating buying a 12V DC bench power supply. Not anymore!

67shawnw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500
Engine
It also shows voltage. It make two different noises one for power and one for ground.

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought it with some extra probes and tips. I used it to trouble shoot my old EXPLODER ford power windows and test after installing new regulator. Much easier than clipping wire to the car battery or a spare battery on the floor. I could use the power cycle button to make the windows go up and down...before I put the door panels and wiring back together. I have not used it for awhile, as I simply have not had any DC problems.
Defiantly would buy again.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont have one but seen them in action in our shop. Really helps to narrow ground or power issues all over the car. Plug onto the battery and test the affected circuit at its base, it will show you real dang quick if there is a voltage drop or bad fuse, or crossed wire. Id recommend it if you are constantly chasing gremlins.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally bought one a little while ago and have used it extensively, I am still learning how to use all its features but would highly suggest buying one... Came in very handy cleaning up and making a new wire harness for the emergency system side of of pick up that I added a bunch of stuff to. Worth the money, but I wish I got the power probe 4 instead

ram lady

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't use it on certain circuits,will smoke up to 4 computers.One of my co workers did this.Used it on a circuit he was not supposed to use it on and smoked a computer up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007