PowerWagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Alright I am going to get a new truck this spring and plan on ordering close to what I want.
That said I am looking at 2 trucks and one is a PowerWagon but I have acouple question,
first do they not make the QC any longer ? I really did not want a CC truck.
Second If I get a PowerWagon I am going to put 4:56 gears in it right off and wondered if having the dealer do this might be better since its a brand new truck and then they could adjust the speedometer at the same time.
3rd, would the dealer put bucket seat and or the center console in the truck and has anyone had this done and whats a good guess on price.
I also wonder about them installing leather, my truck has cloth and I wont buy another truck with these crappy cloth seats like it has unless the cloth seats are real nice in the new trucks, I have not went and looked at the seats in the new ones yet as I am not ready to deal with the salesman at this point.

I am also looking at a Sport with the 5.7 8sp and 3:92s but will need to put a 2/3" lift on it and add some heavy springs in the back to haul the kind of crap I end up hauling (just last week I had a pallet of quick crete in the bed) but not real happy with how the transfer case works and would soon not have some of the options that come on it like the 8.4 u connect I would just soon have a normal old radio lol.
Only looking at the sport for the color match paint and bucket seats as it seems this is the cheapest level to get buckets and leather .
I have thought about the Express and seeing if they could add buckets and the center console.
The dealer down the road has a real nice Express with a lift with a 5.7 but the 6sp and 3:55 gears, do they sell 4:56s for this truck ? If I could upgrade it to 4:56s and the center console this truck might just do the trick for me.

Any opinions please as maybe I am missing something I did not see.
Thanks

This is the Express thats down the road from me.

Last edited:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Alright I am going to get a new truck this spring and plan on ordering close to what I want.
That said I am looking at 2 trucks and one is a PowerWagon but I have acouple question,
Second If I get a PowerWagon I am going to put 4:56 gears in it right off and wondered if having the dealer do this might be better since its a brand new truck and then they could adjust the speedometer at the same time.
3rd, would the dealer put bucket seat and or the center console in the truck and has anyone had this done and whats a good guess on price.
I also wonder about them installing leather, my truck has cloth and I wont buy another truck with these crappy cloth seats like it has unless the cloth seats are real nice in the new trucks, I have not went and looked at the seats in the new ones yet as I am not ready to deal with the salesman at this point.

I am also looking at a Sport with the 5.7 8sp and 3:92s but will need to put a 2/3" lift on it and add some heavy springs in the back to haul the kind of crap I end up hauling (just last week I had a pallet of quick crete in the bed) but not real happy with how the transfer case works and would soon not have some of the options that come on it like the 8.4 u connect I would just soon have a normal old radio lol.
Only looking at the sport for the color match paint and bucket seats as it seems this is the cheapest level to get buckets and leather .
I have thought about the Express and seeing if they could add buckets and the center console.
The dealer down the road has a real nice Express with a lift with a 5.7 but the 6sp and 3:55 gears, do they sell 4:56s for this truck ? If I could upgrade it to 4:56s and the center console this truck might just do the trick for me.

Thanks

2500+ only come in rc, cc and mc. If the dealer installs the gears they may warranty them. Technically the pw has bucket seats with a jump seat in the middle. Your going to pay 3 times the amount to buy everything for a center console from the dealer and have them install it then taking some time and sourcing the console and bezel yourself and buying the mounting bracket and wiring harness new. If you go through the dealer for leather your going to get the Mopar kit (probably not a bad kit) and pay as much or a little less than having katzkin leather installed.

I believe They do sell 4:56 gears for the 1/2 but not a 100% sure if they have them for the 13+ trucks yet. On 11/12 years you had to find a 09-10 front end to do the swap. A 1/2 won't handle a pallet of quick Crete.

You can swap a 8.4 into any 13+ truck. It's easier if it already has the 5.0 in it. Less extra parts needed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Cool thanks for the info on the CC kinda bummed about that. I thought it looked like the truck had buckets (with the center seat) so adding a console might not to bad then.

Guess one other thing I need to look at as well is to see what a set of heavy duty rear springs or air bags ad to the hauling capabilities of a half ton and if that would work. I dont haul real heavy stuff all the time but dont want to worry about when I do.

Thanks

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I really like the look of the PW but couldn't justify paying about $5,000 extra for things I wouldn't use such as winch, Tru Lok axles, Bilstein Shocks. There are a few other goodies but still not just not worth it for me. I went to Ram's website & built a few different trim levels & ultimatly went with the 2500 Outdoorsman. It was the cheapest way to go for the options I wanted. I even looked at 1500's but for just a few thousand more I got a lot more truck which will come in handy occasionaly. I wasn't in a big hurry so I tweaked on it until I got it just the way I wanted, then searched a 250mi. radius for the truck. Unfortunatly nobody had it, but as I said I was in no hurry so I ordered it & should have it here in a few weeks.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah some of the stuff is not really needed.
I had a 8000lb winch on the front of my 02 2500 and I did use it way more then I thought I would so I know I will use it (but can live without it) and use the lockers from time to time but is one thing I would not haft to have.
I am kinda bummed that the 2500s only come in CCs as I have no need or want for a longer truck and the only reason for even looking at a QC is for storage and have thought about just getting a RC truck with Ramboxes.

My main thing is I cant get the exact truck I want allthough they make everything I want just cant seem to get it all in one package.

One problem I have with 1500 is how low they set I had stock 2wds that set that high let along a 3/4 . So I would need to lift it 2.5" with some 35s so I dont drag the bottom of the truck going off road, and I am not talking about taking it rock crawling or mudding but just going through pastures and ditches and jobsites.
Then I would need to beef up the back to haul the weight I need it to so either way I go to get the truck I want I have to spend money after I buy it.
Just trying to make sure I get this right as this truck will be kept for a long time.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
One problem I have with 1500 is how low they set I had stock 2wds that set that high let along a 3/4 . So I would need to lift it 2.5" with some 35s so I dont drag the bottom of the truck going off road, and I am not talking about taking it rock crawling or mudding but just going through pastures and ditches and jobsites.
Then I would need to beef up the back to haul the weight I need it to so either way I go to get the truck I want I have to spend money after I buy it.
Just trying to make sure I get this right as this truck will be kept for a long time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the stance on the 1500's are terrible in my opinion. By the time I would spend the money for a lift kit I could have a 2500 that is a lot more truck. The Rebel is another one, I think it looks great but not enough truck for the money. I think that is the one I didn't like the bucket seats either. Just keep looking you'll find what you want & need! :waytogo:

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I went and built a Lonestar model and was able to get buckets with black vinyl flooring in stead of carpet. What I built stickered at 48k and states 43k for the ESP.
So some 4:56 gears and that would be real close to what I am after, just wish it did not have a CC and cloth.
Was looking at a RC with a 8' bed but did not see the option for the ram boxes ? Would think the extra storage would be nice with no back seat.

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
No, The Power Wagon is only available in CC
You'd have to ask the dealer if they'll do the gears. If the dealer won't any number of offroad shops will. Consider 4.88 if you're doing 37" tires or bigger.
You can only adjust the speedometer to a stock size so if you put on 37" tires your speedo can't be adjusted correctly.

The Power Wagon has a manual transfer case so the center console will not just drop in. The bucket seats are identical though.
Katskins or Leatherseats.com. I had Katskinz in my last Dodge truck and thought the quality was better than the factory seats.

Thanks

Answered above in red.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Hey thanks for the info I did not know the PW had a manual t case.
Probably would not go bigger then 35s on it.
Guess the QC was not selling well and thats why they stop producing them.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
4.56's are not easy to put into a 1500. gear swaps on the front diff of 4th gen trucks is a pain in the ass. i highly doubt youll get a dealer to warranty that based on all the work involved. im curious as to why your dead set on 4.56 gears?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
4.56's are not easy to put into a 1500. gear swaps on the front diff of 4th gen trucks is a pain in the ass. i highly doubt youll get a dealer to warranty that based on all the work involved. im curious as to why your dead set on 4.56 gears?

Is it just on the 1500s that the front diff that is a pita or is it a pita on the 4th gen 2500s and 3500s as well?

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Well the 1500 I was looking at has a 6" lift and 37s but has the 3:55 gears in it with a 6sd transmission, IMO this truck needs lower gears or the transmission will mot like it down the road at some point.
It could work with a set of factory 3:92s I would think and might be a option the gears in it now are way to high with that size of tire.

If I order a 1500 it will have 3:92s and some 35s put on it but with the 8sp I think that would work well.

If I order a 2500 with a 6.4 I will have 4:56s install to get it to use the gear ratios better and be a better truck all around, as you can see even (http://www.ramforum.com/f158/differential_swap_6_4_hemi_3_73_a-80250/ )with 4:56s the rpms on the hwy ate still very good and I dont really drive over 65/70 mph anymore.
I had a 02 2500 HD 4x4 chevy and 4:10s with a transmission that was geared to high and was never happy with how that truck drove or pulled and was why I sold it at 70k.

My truck now needs lower gears installed since I did the 35s, its just geared to high but you dont notice it to much because of it having close to 1000ft lbs or torque.

I dont what to be unhappy with what I end up getting.

Last edited:

snallygaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking at a RC with a 8' bed but did not see the option for the ram boxes ? Would think the extra storage would be nice with no back seat.

Don't think an 8' ram box exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well the 1500 I was looking at has a 6" lift and 37s but has the 3:55 gears in it with a 6sd transmission, IMO this truck needs lower gears or the transmission will mot like it down the road at some point.
It could work with a set of factory 3:92s I would think and might be a option the gears in it now are way to high with that size of tire.

If I order a 1500 it will have 3:92s and some 35s put on it but with the 8sp I think that would work well.

If I order a 2500 with a 6.4 I will have 4:56s install to get it to use the gear ratios better and be a better truck all around, as you can see even (http://www.ramforum.com/f158/differential_swap_6_4_hemi_3_73_a-80250/ )with 4:56s the rpms on the hwy ate still very good and I dont really drive over 65/70 mph anymore.
I had a 02 2500 HD 4x4 chevy and 4:10s with a transmission that was geared to high and was never happy with how that truck drove or pulled and was why I sold it at 70k.

My truck now needs lower gears installed since I did the 35s, its just geared to high but you dont notice it to much because of it having close to 1000ft lbs or torque.

I dont what to be unhappy with what I end up getting.

37's with 3.55's and a 6spd...i would skip that truck.

35's with 3.92s and 8spd. good combo.

if your going to go through the hassle of lifting a 1500, swapping gears, and installing heavier duty springs, i would just buy a 2500. cheaper and easier in the long run. the 6.4l w/ 4.10's should turn 35's nicely, but if you still want more 4.56's are easy enough to swap in.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
If I order a 1500 it will have 3:92s so I wont need to change gears.
The only reason I have been looking at 1500s is because I dont want or need a CC truck a QC is more the enough for me.

Thanks for the info guys.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i understand where your coming from. been in a similar situation. i had a 3rd gen quad cab. loved it. bought a 4th gen quad cab (mainly because i prefer the 6.5ft bed and liked my quad cab 3rd gen). they made the backseat smaller on the 4th gens. i ended up hating it. 90% of the time nobody sits in my backseat, but when they do id have to move the seat up. even carrying things back there was tight. i prefer the crew cab now.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
And that could very well happen to me I guess..lol
Just dont want to end up with a longer truck for no reason when its just me and the wife now, thought about even going with a RC with a 8' bed.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And that could very well happen to me I guess..lol
Just dont want to end up with a longer truck for no reason when its just me and the wife now, thought about even going with a RC with a 8' bed.

i guess my point is dont rule out the 2500 because its a crew cab, you might end up liking it. especially if what your really want is a 2500. for what its worth, i was worried the extra 9" of wheel base might make parking more of a challenge but i dont notice the difference. i couldnt buy a regular cab truck, but whatever works best for you. good luck truck shopping.

OP
OP
69GWC

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Yeah before I get ready to order I will drive both the 1500 and 2500 then I will know for sure, welll I hope anyway..lol