Project revival

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
5 years ago I purchased a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Lonestar Quad Cab with 60k miles on it. At the time it was the only real good deal out there on a 4 door anything. It was 24k. I had it roughly 1 month and we had a random winter hail storm that came out of no where. The truck was parked under the carport, but it didn't matter. It destroyed the hood and got the top a little. I didn't immediately file a claim as work picked up and I was unable to really let it go down for a week or so. Flash forward to the spring of 17. I finally claim on it. They paid me pretty good and even for a few PDR dents in the door and bed. So by then I was really regretting not getting at least a 13, but then again there was nothing in my price range. So here I am. I hate chrome and this truck had a lot of it. I had already painted the wheels and running boards. Debadged it. I did VHT on the lights and converted the truck to a fully LED conversion. Pretty much every light was converted. Now back to truck. It originally had the cowl hood on it. As much as I like the cowl hood, that sport/R/T hood really looked good. So did the whole sport look in general. Man I was really wishing that I had gotten a sport. At the time sport hoods were impossible to find. They still are hard to locate. So I went with an aftermarket fiberglass hood. I ended up with this hood. https://www.carid.com/amerihood/clg-...iABEgIXFPD_BwE It has been a great hood. Worked with the factory latch etc. Plus I was able to do more to the truck. I am lucky to have a family member who paints. He has done it for 30+ years. He happened to be slow at work, so he took care of it. They painted the hood, painted the chrome bumpers, grill, and door handles. It all came out perfect. He even painted the lights and man when he sent me the picture it was one dang good looking truck. I then ditched the stock Goodyear tires for a set of 285/55/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers. It wasn't long after that I moved to my current home. I was doing a lot of commuting and the truck was starting gain the miles. We paid it off and decided to part ways with it. I sold it to my dad who took fairly good care of it. Mechanically it was always sound. Still is. He just hated the blacked out look, so in typical older person fashion over that last 3 years added all the chrome and stock lights back to it. So where did that leave me? I bought it back, and had to do so much cleaning on it. It was bad. I still have more to do cleaning wise. I need to get another short ram CAI, I deleted the mufflers, but I am now thinking heavily about a carven exhaust. Over all plans are black it back out, add off road tires again. Toyo or General are my top two with nitto not being far behind. It needs about 3/4 of the LED lights back in it. I already added the shorty antenna back, I have the stereo back to where I can play music via iTunes, Amazon music, and I think I can use XM through my phone. I need to do a tune up, transmission fluid change, and a coolant change. I want to add a tuner through this one, because my 19 Charger R/T leaves me wanting more. Thoughts on my rebuild?C707EC9E-5F44-478A-8B9E-F3AD6FE6CD28.jpeg 74959679-3E6D-4EEE-BDE5-77C8FAF82969.jpeg 91399F34-1303-4BC6-A73E-367416978F10.jpeg DC050F6E-6F5A-4F65-BF7F-CAEEB32D5726.jpeg B69A25DD-AB74-4DA8-AE66-9A81406DF5EA.jpeg

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How it looks currently.

2E28B2CF-7168-4191-BBED-42D0194FF353.jpeg

BB8C4D70-D355-40EC-B97C-CC4479DCA7A3.jpeg

F26B1FEC-3EE0-472C-AFA2-4D96BEA7BF3C.jpeg

8D8277D5-68D9-4BBA-A626-F2A18D256FF6.jpeg

A9C312BD-549F-43ED-B1AC-5C354DCEE3C4.jpeg

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed with the grill, but I don't like chrome at all. It will be in stages.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So some updates. I got my white grill and black emblems today. I installed them. It looks so much better. I still need to figure out my light situation. The black wheels should be on this weekend. I need my center caps to get here. It is so close to being back.

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.08.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.57.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.08.27 PM.png

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agree with the mirror statement above. In fact i think there is someone selling some fairly cheap ones in the for sale section. I tell you what though i first thought you had the front HD conversion done due to your lower bumper. I like the way that looks. Maybe change the grill inserts with black honeycomb and get the correct R/T badge if youre staying that route. This is just my opinion now but maybe concentrate on Some interior mods(seats, center console or leather dash maybe). I have an express and thats one thing i enjoy the most out of all my mods is the interior upgrades i made.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want to do the mirrors for sure. I had the lights professionally tinted. Then I did a LED full conversion back when that was just starting to be a thing. This is just a get me by grill until I can get an actual white with honeycomb insert. I attempted to take the insert out today and couldn't get the top part apart. I was afraid that I was going to break it.