protecting chrome bumpers and trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking at my 2011 ram I have a lot of chips in the plastic chrome and a lot of pitting and a general loss of shine on the chrome bumpers. Anybody have experience with products that will protect the chrome and make it last longer. Was wondering for example if there was a clear coat type product that you could spray on the chrome that could protect it and just be sanded and re coated as it gets beat up to bring the shine back. I know painted bumpers can do that, but I like my chrome.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are detailing products you can use. sealants and waxes and coatings.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Heavy_Metal_Polish_4_oz_p/spi_402_04.htm
one of many polishes designed for chrome
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Wheel_Guard_Max_Coat_Rim_Wheel_Sealant_8_oz_p/wac_303.htm
and here is a great sealant i use that is designed for painted or chrome finishes. Gives a very nice shine and lasts for months

EDIT: of course there are many products outside of chem guys that are great, these are just the brand i know because i use them

OP
OP
BWL

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The sealant looks like it would be good to protect the wheels and may help prevent corrosion on the bumpers. I'm not looking to restore the plastic or chrome on the 11. I'll Polish it up as best I can, but the pitting and chips are there to stay. I have a 2017 that I want to protect from getting that way. It's still new and want to keep it looking that way as long as possible.