Q&A Car Audio Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Palasin....thanks for the pictures. What did you mount the amp too? Also, does your back rest of the seat have a good angle on it? The QC doesn't have much of an angle to it so it's tight. Maybe like 1-2 inches max behind seat....little more with that back sound deadening panel removed

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You've come to the right place. I know someone will show you the light. I am going to plant a seed here regarding a boston acoustics gta1105 amp that I need to part with. 125x4 and 400x1 at 2 ohm. Has speaker level ins as well. Just needs some cosmetic love and a new home. Pm if you are interested.

Once I figure out my mounting situation, I may take you up on this. Sounds like a good amp. Did you have this installed in your truck? where did you put it?

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Palasin....thanks for the pictures. What did you mount the amp too? Also, does your back rest of the seat have a good angle on it? The QC doesn't have much of an angle to it so it's tight. Maybe like 1-2 inches max behind seat....little more with that back sound deadening panel removed

Deadening panel was removed. MDF was used and covered with carpet to mount the amps and DSPs to. Not much of an angle to the CC back seat...pretty sure it's identical as I had a buddy do something similar with his QC (just with Zapco amps). I use the fox box also and it comes with seat risers and that helps things a bit making it feasible to fold the seats forward easily.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Once I figure out my mounting situation, I may take you up on this. Sounds like a good amp. Did you have this installed in your truck? where did you put it?

I have a single cab. I pulled the storage bin out from behind the seat. I had the amp just laying there under a make shift storage shelf. It's either 18 or 22 inches wide. Was too big for under the driver's seat. It worked well for me, never over heated or shut down.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Deadening panel was removed. MDF was used and covered with carpet to mount the amps and DSPs to. Not much of an angle to the CC back seat...pretty sure it's identical as I had a buddy do something similar with his QC (just with Zapco amps). I use the fox box also and it comes with seat risers and that helps things a bit making it feasible to fold the seats forward easily.

Got it. I'll prolly be pulling the seat again myself and going this route. How do you like the fox box? I'm thinking of just getting a single sealed 12" box from them. Just want a little low end. Also, I think I am going to have to fab up some risers myself. I have some 3/4" mdf laying around to use.

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a single cab. I pulled the storage bin out from behind the seat. I had the amp just laying there under a make shift storage shelf. It's either 18 or 22 inches wide. Was too big for under the driver's seat. It worked well for me, never over heated or shut down.

Got it. I'll let you know about the amp as soon as I can. Not gonna lie, I am little partial to getting a fosgate p1000x5. Always ran fosgate with zero issues.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Damn Papa, there's a whole lotta sexy going on in there. Even your wire management is OCD clean. Did you measure between zip ties?

Bucks, I don't blame you one bit for sticking with a brand you have good experience with.

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Damn Papa, there's a whole lotta sexy going on in there. Even your wire management is OCD clean. Did you measure between zip ties?

Should be somewhere between 4-6 inches. I can't take much of the credit though, as for this go round I had JT take care of the whole install vs. my Civic where I did most of it and got some help for the major fab work.

Although, I guess after this little ordeal...

9c6eb5d516e3e5e42693235d9d9dfdc1.jpg

I had to redo quite a bit of the zip ties because it was run alongside some of the window track wiring as the shop that replaced the glass cut a lot of the zip ties off (and didn't bother redoing it). Guess that might have been for the better to maintain the OCD theme (previous pics I posted were after the glass was replaced).

I guess my main takeaway and caution is if you guys decide to use the back wall for amps and such, be sure that if you ever are in a situation where you have to get the back glass repaired it becomes a scary proposition and picking your shop is even more critical. :eek:

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Q&A Car Audio Thread

Got it. I'll prolly be pulling the seat again myself and going this route. How do you like the fox box? I'm thinking of just getting a single sealed 12" box from them. Just want a little low end. Also, I think I am going to have to fab up some risers myself. I have some 3/4" mdf laying around to use.

Fox box is great. I'm running two Illusion C12XLs. The spacers come with the fox box...so no need to fab anything.

ad5ca598adc3c16eec44d831922e983f.jpg

Last edited:

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Q&A Car Audio Thread

I had the single cab foxbox that I could get to flex with 600w.

Interesting, I have 1800+ W from the Mosconi Zero3 on tap, but I haven't pushed them very hard (yet). I guess we'll see. ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

choquette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMmins 6.7
i have a question and I just wanna make sure before I buy an aftermarket radio! I have a 2500 2016 with uconnect 5'' ra2! I have single zone, backup camera in it, front and rear parking sensor and wheel control! I dont wanna loose anything of that! Can I use any kind of radio with a lockpic or I need maestro with compatible radio ? I think the menu for lights etc is in the radio and not the cluster! Thanks

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
The truck will remember your lights and locks settings when you take the ra2 out. But if you want to retain every bit of functionality, I would suggest a maestro compatible stereo which can be found on their site. I know nothing in regards to front and rear sensors.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the single cab foxbox that I could get to flex with 600w.

I think this was the issue with the one I wrote a review one. Made a horrible noise with the seat up, with the seat down (and I assume putting pressure against the box) it went away.

OP
OP
Etroze86

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think this was the issue with the one I wrote a review one. Made a horrible noise with the seat up, with the seat down (and I assume putting pressure against the box) it went away.

Yeah I tore mine apart last year cause it just looked aweful and used it for kindling. I really think they need to double baffle them.

papasin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport CC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Q&A Car Audio Thread

Nice keep it coming comp season is upon us!!!!

And speaking of comp season, I entered it in one event this season with a very basic tune (probably less than 2 hours of total tuning time). It won its class, but more importantly felt pretty happy as it was 3rd highest across all classes amongst double digit entries. The highest scoring vehicle was a truck that had dash pods with 5" drivers and the only other higher scoring vehicle was Jim's and his and our RAM was 0.5 points apart.

I've been quite busy this year mostly hosting events, but hope to get more entries with our RAM next season...and play around with a couple different setups.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juanita Kelley