QQ Diablo tune reversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys,
Quick question, I need to take my car into the dealer tomorrow after work to have my bumper fixed and recalls done. I forget the process to revert my Diablo tune for a 2015. I have the spare PCM. Do I need to take the tune back to stock and then swap to the OEM PCM, or can I just swap to the stock PCM? I also have the trans tune.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No. Doing their TSB's won't lock the PCM again but if it makes you feel better then change the pcm :)
I took the tune back to the original in the tool. It only did one write, not two like it usually does for the trans tune as well. Took it for a spin and it doesn't feel like it's back to stock. Did a 0-60 for comparison... It burned rubber quite a bit laying into it. It did stall heavily instead of shifting right before 60 mph, and it still hit a 7.13 0-60 on the Trinity... Doesn't seem as juiced, but still a bit too juiced to me... Maybe it's all the mods still making a difference without a custom tune...

Anything special I need to consider for reverting back to stock since I have a hemifever tune? The custom tune isn't even an option in the tool anymore... Been so long since I've had to putz with this that I forgot the whole process.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You will see « custom tune » after you have loaded the hemifever tune into the tool.